Ya know....

clujer420

I haven't been here for the past couple of days because I've just been so frustrated with the way the Sox are playing. I also have not read any of the posts, because it's only going to make me more upset. It's not that we're losing -- it's that we (being Sox players) seem to have NO heart, NO desire, and it just seems like DON'T care that they're losing.

Game 1 -- OK, fine, you ran into a pitcher that was throwing well that day, and their bullpen did a pretty good job. 3-0 Loss.

Game 2 -- You're in the game late, and your bullpen lets you down. 5-4 Loss

Game 3 -- 4 errors, 12 runs allowed WITH 2 OUTS, and your closer faces 6 hitters and retires 0 of them. Blowout Loss, and you're swept to open the season

You get beat by 3 pitchers that really should not beat you, and your 3 top pitchers (that are one of the best 1-2-3 combos in the AL, if not all of baseball) go down to a division rival that is expected to be a bottom feeder all season long.

If they don't have a better showing this weekend for their home opener, there are going to be some pissed off fans, who are paying their hard-earned money to watch you play, and the Sox BETTER show more desire to win than they have in the last 3 games.

Hopefully our #4 and #5 guys (Loaiza and Stewart) can have good outings and give this club a HUGE pickup, and then see what our 1-2-3 can do about getting things back on the right track, because right now (granted, it's only 3 games into the season, but still...) this Sox team doesn't look good at all.

I haven't been here for the past couple of days because I've just been so frustrated with the way the Sox are playing.  I also have not read any of the posts, because it's only going to make me more upset.  It's not that we're losing -- it's that we (being Sox players) seem to have NO heart, NO desire, and it just seems like DON'T care that they're losing.

Game 1 -- OK, fine, you ran into a pitcher that was throwing well that day, and their bullpen did a pretty good job.  3-0 Loss.

Game 2 -- You're in the game late, and your bullpen lets you down.  5-4 Loss

Game 3 -- 4 errors, 12 runs allowed WITH 2 OUTS, and your closer faces 6 hitters and retires 0 of them.  Blowout Loss, and you're swept to open the season

You get beat by 3 pitchers that really should not beat you, and your 3 top pitchers (that are one of the best 1-2-3 combos in the AL, if not all of baseball) go down to a division rival that is expected to be a bottom feeder all season long. 

If they don't have a better showing this weekend for their home opener, there are going to be some pissed off fans, who are paying their hard-earned money to watch you play, and the Sox BETTER show more desire to win than they have in the last 3 games.

Hopefully our #4 and #5 guys (Loaiza and Stewart) can have good outings and give this club a HUGE pickup, and then see what our 1-2-3 can do about getting things back on the right track, because right now (granted, it's only 3 games into the season, but still...) this Sox team doesn't look good at all.

You're 100% correct. This team has shown no desire to win or even play. I wish the Sox played with the intensity the Royals did.

CWSOX45

Buehrle and Colon didnt do bad. Colon wasnt great but he was decent. But I agree with the no effort thing. That really dissappoints me. Today a ball got passed Konerko and he hardly even tried. I am really starting to dislike him. Hes supposedly the leader yet he is the one with the worst effort so far. This team is making me mad...

We need more team speed....plain and simple.

Trade Lee to Toronto for Shannon Stewart....gives us a good leadoff hitter with a good OBP and good speed with some pop in his bat....and it opens up a spot for Daubach to take over full-time and give us LH power in the middle of the lineup to break up all the righties. We then bring up Miles and have another backup INF.

I personally feel that'd be the right move....we need to shake some s*** up....get this team going. If this team gets going....it could dominate.

JM has shown he can bench Thomas for no effort. Well now is the time to do so with Lee and Konerko, neither of these two has shown any effort. Put in Rios and Daubach (who are both decent players) and let these two slackers sit until they give it their all. I will not tolerate slackers. And I hope JM wont either...

I haven't been here for the past couple of days because I've just been so frustrated with the way the Sox are playing.  I also have not read any of the posts, because it's only going to make me more upset.  It's not that we're losing -- it's that we (being Sox players) seem to have NO heart, NO desire, and it just seems like DON'T care that they're losing.

Game 1 -- OK, fine, you ran into a pitcher that was throwing well that day, and their bullpen did a pretty good job.  3-0 Loss.

Game 2 -- You're in the game late, and your bullpen lets you down.  5-4 Loss

Game 3 -- 4 errors, 12 runs allowed WITH 2 OUTS, and your closer faces 6 hitters and retires 0 of them.  Blowout Loss, and you're swept to open the season

You're 100% correct. This team has shown no desire to win or even play. I wish the Sox played with the intensity the Royals did.

CWSOX45

i blame that on JM its hard to get motivated when your manager is tokin up in his office before a game.

Trade Lee to Toronto for Shannon Stewart....gives us a good leadoff hitter with a good OBP and good speed with some pop in his bat....and it opens up a spot for Daubach to take over full-time and give us LH power in the middle of the lineup to break up all the righties.  We then bring up Miles and have another backup INF.

I personally feel that'd be the right move....we need to shake some s*** up....get this team going.  If this team gets going....it could dominate.

id love to see us trade lee for stewart..but toronto wouldnt be that stupid

Trade Lee to Toronto for Shannon Stewart....gives us a good leadoff hitter with a good OBP and good speed with some pop in his bat....and it opens up a spot for Daubach to take over full-time and give us LH power in the middle of the lineup to break up all the righties.  We then bring up Miles and have another backup INF.

I personally feel that'd be the right move....we need to shake some s*** up....get this team going.  If this team gets going....it could dominate.

Not a lot of teams would be that stupid. Carlos has only gotten worse since 2000. I hope that changes.

CWSOX45

Trade Lee to Toronto for Shannon Stewart....gives us a good leadoff hitter with a good OBP and good speed with some pop in his bat....and it opens up a spot for Daubach to take over full-time and give us LH power in the middle of the lineup to break up all the righties.  We then bring up Miles and have another backup INF.

I personally feel that'd be the right move....we need to shake some s*** up....get this team going.  If this team gets going....it could dominate.

Not a lot of teams would be that stupid. Carlos has only gotten worse since 2000. I hope that changes.

CWSOX45

you are wrong sorry he has improved almost every year his obp was .312, .345, .312, .359 since he got up here.

CWSOX45

you are wrong sorry he has improved almost every year his obp was .312, .345, .312, .359 since he got up here.

Okay my mistake, what about his average though? His hitting with runners in scoring position? That's great that he's taking more walks, however it's only one piece of the puzzle. I hope Carlos can get that average up to where it was in 2000, we know he's capable.

CWSOX45

Ok I think after a few years we would begin to see the problem. Trading players hasnt helped yet. SSDP (Same s*** Different Players). Jerry Manuel is not just on the hot seat, there are flames comin out of his fukn ass. I think we all enjoyed his chicken pecking routine after the bad call on the check swing by Thomas. That's about the most fire you'll see out of Manuel though. Give me Bobby Valentine.

If getting swept isn't painful enough, the damn Twinkies are already three games up! I know it's only three games into the year, but I can't suppress these horrible thoughts.

I've gone on a soda pop strike, meaning I'll will not consume any until they are at .500 again.

I suggest you all do something similar. For karma.