Cooper on Stewart

southsider2k5

Screw Wright. Hes never done anything to prove he should be here.

Let's see....Danny only won 14 games for us last year. Yeah, he really sucks.

4.50 is an ok ERA. 5.28 is not. Wright sucked last year and he sucked in ST. Stewart did well in ST and he did well in his first start (it was only the Tigers but wait until he starts against a good team until you make a complete judgment). Give Stewart a chance, he cant prove anything with two or three starts. Forget about Wright, hes not that good...

4.50 is an ok ERA. 5.28 is not

Agreed, even in the offesive era 5.30 ERA is bad. Two things though

1. Kip Wells had ERA in mid-5.00s in his first full year and Galrand in a whopping mid-6.00s. They improved since, especually the former

2. Wright had an era of 6.00 before ASB. Last couple of months he was around 4.00, which is respectable for a rookie to say the least. His stuff is pretty good with a mid-90s fastball, solid change and a curve. If he doesn't start overthrowing again, he should be a solid 3 when it's all said and done.

He gets a pass for ST because of soreness, but in no way should be handed the job,. Let him earn it.

I hope I am wrong but I believe this will all work itself out when Loiaza starts to struggle and pitches the same as he has in the past.

I've been thinking the same thing. But, if Loiaza has finally learned how to change speeds, like JM says he has, he could surprize us.