***Official High-School Baseball Thread***

SoxFan1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
Benton Central

We have a really good program. Won 20 games 14 out of 18 seasons in this coaches career here.

I see. So you aren't all that far from my school. It takes me a little over an hour to get to Layfayette. That is pretty good to be starting varsity as a sophmore at a 3A school. Congrats. :cheers

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 13, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
Yeah we have about 2200. Every year 75-100 guys try out for the baseball program. Where do you come up to? Merrilville is really the only "fun" place around Valpo. Our city is pretty boring.

Yea thats where I go. Merriville has a nice mall.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, our 1st game on March 30th was cancelled b/c the other team only had 5 guys ond they were on Spring Break so we're still 0-0. Then, we're suppose to have a game tommorrow that is TBD and that got cancelled as well b/c no one wanted to play us. Saturday is out 1st official game barring any unforseen circumstances. Well, I also got a bum knee again so I might not start but I have been icing it a lot and most likely will play. What happened was that I was fielding a sharp grounder to 3rd, probably a 3-hopper, and it hit the edge of the grass and hit me dead in my right knee, the same that I had previously dislocated a few months ago (nagging injury) and it swole up to about the size of a 16' softball. We'll see what happens but like I said, I have re-gained about 80% mobility. I'm hoping of having a picture up of me soon in full uni............chick's dig guys in uni's. My school is also supporting the team a lot too so thats pretty cool. Well, light practice tommorrow....

We lost our game today vs Payton. It suckad ass. We had 1 f***ing hit in 7 innings. We played like s*** and I got the loss. Our starter pitched 4 solid innings and after 4, we led 3-2. Coach puts me in in the 5th inning and I walk the 1st guy, balk him to 2nd, walk another guy, walk another guy, then walk 2 more. I walked 5 guys in a roaw and gave up the lead, 4-3. Then, he pulls me (as he should have) and the 3 left score. I gave up 5 f***ing runs! I played like ass and got the loss. My fastball was good but the catcher didn't wanna call it. The ump ONLY called low pitches so when I threw a slider on the outside corner or a change-up down and in, he called it a ball. WTF? Anyway, our next game is Tuesday vs. Curie and I'll be starting at 3rd.

And now we are 0-4.........BRUTAL! I pitched 2 solid innings today as we were down 11-4 and I kept it there...to bad we couldn't hit. Anyway, we played Hyde Park yesterday and lost and we played Lakeview today and lost. They cheated though. They had unelibible players on their team, batted out of order, and had player's who used steroids...ya, I said it. Their shortstop is a monster! He hit a bomb HR in the 4th, a triple in the 1st, a double in the 3rd, and a flyball-out to the wall in Cf in the 7th.I held them at 11 in the 6th and 7th but I went 0-2 with a fly to deep right for a sac RBI and a K. Our next game is Tuesday the 12th @ Hubbard.

2 IP, O runs, 2 Hits, 2 Walks, 3 K's, 1 Balk

0-2, O runs, 0 hits, 1 RBI, 1 K

• 2 weeks later...

1-7. We got our asses handed to us by Payton yesterday 16-2. 5th inning, he puts in our WORST pitcher as we are down 12-2. He walks 3 straight and coach visits the mound. As I am cleaning the dirt with my spikes at 3rd, I hear my name called and I realize I'm gonna pitch...........with the bases loaded and nobody out. I warmed up on the mound and expected to get the team out of the jam 1-2-3.

1st batter- Flyball to CF, dropped by the CF (E8), 1 run scored.

2nd batter- 4-seamer on the hands, pop-out, 1 dead.

3rd batter- Grounder to SS, bobbled/dropped (E6), 1 run scored.

4th batter- Grounder to 2B, off the glove into CF (E4), 1 run scored.

5th batter- Grounder to 3rd, throw home, force out, 2 dead.

6th batter- Blooper DIRECTLY to the 3rd baseman, dropped (E5), 1 run scored.

7th batter- 2-seamer up and in, bunter right back to me, 1-3 ground-out, inning over.

Try to fathom THAT s***!

Edited by SoxFan1