***Official High-School Baseball Thread***

SoxFan1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Nokona @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:53 PM)
Conant Cougars beat Elk Grove for the MSL Championship by 1 in OT.  I wanna say that the final was 69-68 but i'm not sure.

The Cougars are getting hot again. 3 out of 4 with that one loss being to St. Joes by 2 in a game they probably gave away. 

Watch out.

Both teams on 'roids? Hot damn, that's a lot of runs. :P

Hey just gotta give a shout out for Immaculate Conception in Elmhurst, IL. I'm gonna be starting at catcher pitcher and centerfield this season as a junior. I just transferred here so I hope all goes well. I've put on alot of muscle since last season so I've hit the ball pretty hard. Look for us in the papers!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
Yesterday marked 1st official practices. We did LOTS of fielding practice. Anyone actually playing this year???

I might be. I still don't even know if I want to try out. My school is big and political and I do not like the coaches. I can't wait for Summer and Fall League though. :headbang

Guys,

I know all the stupid conditioning does not seem like it has a place in baseball, but it does help. I would love to be in that shape again, you could play a doubleheader then play floor hockey and not be tired at all! now, if i run to first i am DONE. I hated it at the time, why are we doing all of these bleacher climbs, wall sits, and basketball agility drills. I think if my team took it all seriously, we would have won more than 16 games in my four years!

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
I might be. I still don't even know if I want to try out. My school is big and political and I do not like the coaches. I can't wait for Summer and Fall League though. :headbang

That's the reason I quit basketball after my freshman year.

QUOTE(Heartattack19 @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
Guys,

I know all the stupid conditioning does not seem like it has a place in baseball, but it does help.  I would love to be in that shape again, you could play a doubleheader then play floor hockey and not be tired at all!  now, if i run to first i am DONE.  I hated it at the time, why are we doing all of these bleacher climbs, wall sits, and basketball agility drills.  I think if my team took it all seriously, we would have won more than 16 games in my four years!

Ouch 16 games in four years isn't pretty. And you are absolutely right about the conditioning. In the past ten years, my school had a .750 winning percentage combined in those years, but last year we were just barely above .500. It was mainly because nobody did anything in the offseason like lifting weights or conditioning, and it came back to bite us in the ass. The coaches learned their lesson and are beating us to death so far this year.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
Ouch 16 games in four years isn't pretty. And you are absolutely right about the conditioning. In the past ten years, my school had a .750 winning percentage combined in those years, but last year we were just barely above .500. It was mainly because nobody did anything in the offseason like lifting weights or conditioning, and it came back to bite us in the ass. The coaches learned their lesson and are beating us to death so far this year.

Yeah, it hurt a lot, i even brought a goat to a game against prvidence in 1997. We were one hit and lost 21 - 0. I was playing catch with my best friend, overthrew him and his lung collapsed and he had to go to the hospital! Do all the work, it will pay off eventually.

I agree with Heartattack....conditiong pays off. And when you don;t condition, you only cheat yourself. Sonce baseball condition/practices have started, I have lost 9, almost 10, pounds and am in the best shape ever. I am ALMOST rock solid. I love seeing myself this way and it truly hepls. I am more energetic, stronger, more endurant, and I feel better overall. It really feels good. Not to mention that my curveball is awesome!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
Quick tip: Work your ass off and stay hydrated at ALL times.

I never used to drink lots of water while playin, but last summer I caught for two teams and I learned the hard way to drink plenty of water. After every game until I brought a gallon of water with me, I would get a terrible headache after the game. Now I always have plenty of liquids with me.

Our opening day is the White Sox opening day. So that kind of sucks. Tryouts start Monday, and I tweaked my rotator cuff again last night, so that is no good. Also, our coach told us not to talk about our team on the internet, and that most people on online message boards are failures and we shouldn't be on them anyways. :lol:

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 16, 2005 -> 11:03 AM)
We've been first or second in our conference for the last 14 or so years. I don't play, but I want to say we've probably been conf champes 9 times in that span. Never produced a minor leaguer, even, or any higher than 3rd at state.

My high school has produced the likes of Todd Hundley :lol:

Dun dun dunnnn

Edited by joemg311