Cubs and 500 HRs

Soxfest

And, unless things change in a hurry, Frank Thomas could become the THIRD 500-HR guy to not play in the WS.

This city has been VERY sad, baseball-wise, for a VERY long time on both sides of town.

As bad as the Brewers, Tigers, Padres, Marlins, Royals, etc. have been lately, most of their fans can still remember their last WS appearances... :(

And, unless things change in a hurry, Frank Thomas could become the THIRD 500-HR guy to not play in the WS.

This city has been VERY sad, baseball-wise, for a VERY long time on both sides of town.

As bad as the Brewers, Tigers, Padres, Marlins, Royals, etc. have been lately, most of their fans can still remember their last WS appearances... :(

OUCH!

Mariners, Rangers(Senators), DRays, White Sox, Expos, Cubs, Rockies. These are the teams that I cannot remember being in a WS. I was almost two years old in '59, s I don't remember that. This is pretty pathetic how it reflects on Chicago Major league Baseball.

Guest hotsoxchick1
And you know what's sad?

If we don't get close this year....it could be the last chance we have for atleast a year....and probably 3 or 4 before we even start to compete again.

if we dont get close this year we're never gonna be close.....and the only way we will ever get any closer than what we are now is if jr sold the team to someone who actually gave a s*** about it......

Yes, this is the year we should go for it.... All out, hold nothing back. Make the trades needed at the break. Be ready to spend some money on talent. JR, you're 70 something now... you ae running out of time old man. Bring us a WS CHAMP!

Guest hotsoxchick1
Yes, this is the year we should go for it.... All out, hold nothing back. Make the trades needed at the break.  Be ready to spend some money on talent.  JR, you're 70 something now... you ae running out of time old man.  Bring us a WS CHAMP!

lol...... yas your biological world series clock is ticking too huh.....i hate this.....

Guest hotsoxchick1
no sense in having a biological clock ticking - just take it as it comes.  The stress isn't worth it.

cw you cant sit there and tell me your world series clock isnt ticking away... i wont believe it......we both have been fans way too long.......i just traded my old wind up in for a new digital one.. gotta keep up with the times ya know........... :lol: