Band of Brothers

BobDylan

Has anyone here watched this HBO series? I just borrowed it from my father and am nearly done with it. So far it's made me cry twice and I've had to suck back tears a few other times. It's a bit slow (but I enjoy slow) and extremely sad. It's not as good as Saving Private Ryan, I don't think, but hits a lot more keys that SPR didn't hit...obviously given about 12 hours of episodes.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
I also have the dvd set.  EXCELLENT SERIES.

I thought it was better than private ryan.  If for any reason, the extra detail and insight.

Same here I have the DVD set and I thought it was better then Saving Private Ryan too.

IMO, it's so much better than "Saving Private Ryan" that it's not even funny, mostly because these actors don't work:

Vin Diesel whoops

Edward Burns ugghhh

Giovanni Ribisi huh?

Matt Damon no

Jewish Dude from Dazed & Confused ????

Donnie Wahlberg is better suited for past-based war movies than all five of those guys combined. Just my opinion, of course.

Same producers, but they just took a major s*** when selecting acors for that film. The beginning was terrific, the rest of the movie was meh.