Carlos Lee and Maggs

johndyce

No way Carlos was ever rated higher than Maggs.  Maggs has been in the bigs two years longer than Lee.  This is Lee's fifth season, so I believe he is eligible for arbitration at the end of this year.

didn't Mags go through the Rule 5 drafty maybe 5 times? No one (lucky for us!!!!) saw the potential. Mags was a late bloomer baseball wise and how good for us - but I do think there was a time when CLee was considered the better prospect.

I do know Maggs went through the Rule 5 draft....just not sure he went through it 5 times. I remember reading it in an article about him a little earlier in the year.

No way Carlos was ever rated higher than Maggs.  Maggs has been in the bigs two years longer than Lee.  This is Lee's fifth season, so I believe he is eligible for arbitration at the end of this year.

didn't Mags go through the Rule 5 drafty maybe 5 times? No one (lucky for us!!!!) saw the potential. Mags was a late bloomer baseball wise and how good for us - but I do think there was a time when CLee was considered the better prospect.

I do know Maggs went through the Rule 5 draft....just not sure he went through it 5 times. I remember reading it in an article about him a little earlier in the year.

my source for that was the Tiger tv broadcasters over the weekend - it is what they claimed, in speaking of how he was a late bloomer as well as an extremely underrated player - they were angry Mags was not an All Star last year

Guest hotsoxchick1

clu.. never realized you had a soft spot for frank.....thats cool and your right i would not want to loose him.. sure hes not hitting the greatest now but he is drawing walks and getting on base which is a plus.. now if the yard gnome would heat up and hit a few instead of lookin at them all the time maybe we wouldnt have so many stranded ....in 39 at bats lee has no rbi's, no homers , no doubles, no trips, 3 base on balls and 13 strike outs......frank in 36 at bats has 1 double , 1 homer, 4 rbi's, and 12 base on balls with 10 strikeouts....frank stays...... lee goes.........franks more productive right now.......

clu.. never realized you had a soft spot for frank.....thats cool and your right i would not want to loose him.. sure hes not hitting the greatest now but he is drawing walks and getting on base which is a plus.. now if the yard gnome would heat up and hit a few instead of lookin at them all the time maybe we wouldnt have so many stranded ....in 39 at bats lee has  no rbi's, no homers , no doubles, no trips, 3 base on balls and 13 strike outs......frank in 36 at bats has 1 double , 1 homer, 4 rbi's, and 12 base on balls with 10 strikeouts....frank stays...... lee goes.........franks more productive right now.......

You haven't picked up on my affection for Frank? :o You need to pay better attention to my posts. :D

He's definitely my favorite athlete, and it goes without saying that he's my favorite Sox player.

As far as the few guys making the HOF with the same uniform, I'd absolutely love to see Frank finish his career here. Other than Jeter who'm you mentioned, the other guys I can think of who have a chance at that are Maggs, if he stays here and continues to produce well, Maybe ( and a big maybe) the Jones's in Atlanta, along with Maddux, obviously, (Glavine blew that chance), Todd Helton, and maybe Nomar.

Did I miss anyone?

P.S. I don't think Edgar Martinez is quite HOF material.

Frank definitley needs to stay here, even if there is a drop in productivity. He is the best player in sox history, and it would be a damn shame to see him retire in any other jersey. We can always move him around in the batting order if we need to.

As far as the few guys making the HOF with the same uniform, I'd absolutely love to see Frank finish his career here.  Other than Jeter who'm you mentioned, the other guys I can think of who have a chance at that are Maggs, if he stays here and continues to produce well, Maybe ( and a big maybe) the Jones's in Atlanta, along with Maddux, obviously, (Glavine blew that chance), Todd Helton, and maybe Nomar.

Did I miss anyone?

P.S. I don't think Edgar Martinez is quite HOF material.

Highly doubtful Maggs stays here.

IMO....the Jones's in Atlanta are too far away to tell. Both have had great careers up to this point....but if one were to get injured or start to suck....he'd be done. You have to have a stellar career....because the baseball HoF is the hardest one to get into.

Maddux came up as a Flubby fannie

Todd Helton and Nomar have a long ways to go.

Up to this point....Edgar Martinez is the greatest DH to ever play the game. He may not be the best DH in today's game....but at one time....no one was close....and he has DHed most of his career as well.

Dennis Eckersley will go into the HoF as quite possibly the best closer ever. You won't see many other closers go in. Goose Gossage and Bruce Sutter could probably go as well. Lee Smith is a possibility as well. Rollie Fingers also went in as one of the best closers of all time. However...in today's game, I think the saves stat is overrated and inflated....more so than even homers. Too often guys go in the game in the 9th with a 3 run lead. That should NOT be a save. I could hold that lead. A save should be either an inning of work with the tying run either up or on base....and that is it. They hold could then be expanded to include coming into the game during the 9th inning and holding a 3 run lead, or going 3 innings and finishing the game....etc. However, if you blew a 3 run lead, making it a 2 run lead...and you then finished out the game...it would not be a save, but rather a hold.

JMHO anyways.