4/9 Games

danman31

Charlotte hosts Columbus looking to avoid a sweep. Brandon McCarthy will make his AAA debut. Start time 6:15 CST.

Birmingham is at Jacksonville also looking to avoid a sweep. Pacheco will go against Derek Thompson at 6:05.

The Warthogs, also winless at 0-1 (notice a trend :P ), will play at Kinston at 6. It's a battle of lefties as Daniel Haigwood goes against Indians' top 10 pick from the '04 draft Jeremy Sowers. This will be Sowers' pro debut.

Kanny, 1-1, is hosting Asheville. At 6:05 Ray Liotta will go against Ching-Lung Lo.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
Charlotte hosts Columbus looking to avoid a sweep. Brandon McCarthy will make his AAA debut. Start time 6:15 CST.

Birmingham is at Jacksonville also looking to avoid a sweep. Pacheco will go against Derek Thompson at 6:05.

The Warthogs, also winless at 0-1 (notice a trend :P ), will play at Kinston at 6. It's a battle of lefties as Daniel Haigwood goes against Indians' top 10 pick from the '04 draft Jeremy Sowers. This will be Sowers' pro debut.

Kanny, 1-1, is hosting Asheville. At 6:05 Ray Liotta will go against Ching-Lung Lo.

Barons win 4-3 in very dramtic fashion :headbang

Plenty of good pitching today:

Kannapolis- 3-1 Loss

-Liotta 5 IP (guessing), 1 ER, 2 BB, 7 SO

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...ashafx_kanafx_1

Winston-Salem- 4-2 Loss

-Haigwood 4 IP (guessing), 3 ER, 3 BB, 6 SO

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...wswafx_kinafx_1

Birmingham- 4-3 Win

-Pacheco pitched well, 5 IP (guessing), 1 ER, 5 SO

-Fields with 2 hits

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...biraax_jaxaax_1

Charlotte- 3-2 Win

-Bmac 7 IP, 1 ER, 10 SO

-Borchard 0-4

-Brian Becker 2-4, solo-HR

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...colaaa_chraaa_1

Liotta went 3 innings, Haigwood 6 and Pacheco 4.

Haigwood and Winston lost to Jeremy Sowers tonight. Sowers is a great lefty who will climb the minor league ladder and the prospect charts quickly. He was a first round draft pick out of HS and again last year after three years at Vanderbilt. He may be the first player from last year's draft to make it to the Big Leagues.

In the FWIW department, Chad Billingsly who beat the Barons on opening night is also a top prospect. Drafted in 2003 out of HS, he made it to AA in his first full season. He is back at AA to begin this year, still only 20 years old. He's the Dodgers #2 prospect and BA's #19 overall.

No shame in losing to either of those pitchers.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 05:03 AM)
Where can you find minor league box scores?

Haven't been able to get them on minorleaguebaseball.com or baseballamerica.com

can anybody help?

USA Today's website has minor league boxscores on it. The scores aren't up as quick as Minor League Baseball's site, but if you wanted to look at a whole leagues scores, all on the same page, it's good.

All leagues are covered.

Example

Last Nights International League Box Scores..

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
I musta been drunk last night then, because I looked up all three boxes.........

I think it was the booze........ I went back and looked and the innings pitched I reported was actually the number of hits each one allowed. So either the boxscores were initially messed up or I was. :)

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 12:09 AM)
I think it was the booze........  I went back and looked and the innings pitched I reported was actually the number of hits each one allowed.  So either the boxscores were initially messed up or I was.  :)

So rehab did not help much eh Rex :D