the blame game

sec159row2

i was at tuesday's game and I blame reinsdorf, his security staff, and the cubs.... 9900 walkups and jerry doesn't call for more security?? after the third guy jumped on the field there was still no security presense in center field... the only sox employees around were beer venders... jerry didn't want to pay overtime for more guards... oy! the security that was around were completely oblivious to any potential problems... they were just standing around... and the cubs because i can... but seriously, it was obvious that a large group in the outfield were at the cubs game that afternoon... and drinking all day... they won't disrespect there own park, and they have nothing but contempt for our park......

i hope the league fines jerry BIG TIME for being a cheap ass and not realizing 9900 extra people could be a problem

i was at tuesday's game and I blame reinsdorf, his security staff, and the cubs....  9900 walkups and jerry doesn't call for more security??  after the third guy jumped on the field there was still no security presense in center field...  the only sox employees around were beer venders...  jerry didn't want to pay overtime for more guards... oy!  the security that was around were completely oblivious to any potential problems...  they were just standing around...  and the cubs because i can...  but seriously,  it was obvious that a large group in the outfield were at the cubs game that afternoon...  and drinking all day...  they won't disrespect there own park, and they have nothing but contempt for our park......   

i hope the league fines jerry BIG TIME for being a cheap ass and not realizing 9900 extra people could be a problem

How quick can you get more security there? 10K walkups aren't to be expected. How do you get more guards with an hour or two's notice? Because they are 10K walk ups they weren't figuring them on being there, how do you plan for that?

i was at tuesday's game and I blame reinsdorf, his security staff, and the cubs....  9900 walkups and jerry doesn't call for more security??  after the third guy jumped on the field there was still no security presense in center field...  the only sox employees around were beer venders...  jerry didn't want to pay overtime for more guards... oy!  the security that was around were completely oblivious to any potential problems...  they were just standing around...  and the cubs because i can...  but seriously,  it was obvious that a large group in the outfield were at the cubs game that afternoon...  and drinking all day...  they won't disrespect there own park, and they have nothing but contempt for our park......   

How quick can you get more security there? 10K walkups aren't to be expected. How do you get more guards with an hour or two's notice? Because they are 10K walk ups they weren't figuring them on being there, how do you plan for that?

i dont i expected a big walk up crowd..on the mlb boards i set the over under on attendance at just under 20k..others there were hoping for 30k...it was 80 plus degrees in chicago and a perfect night for baseball..we dont get too many april days like yesterday..a big walk up should have been expected

i dont i expected a big walk up crowd..on the mlb boards i set the over under on attendance at just under 20k..others there were hoping for 30k...it was 80 plus degrees in chicago and a perfect night for baseball..we dont get too many april days like yesterday..a big walk up should have been expected

Don't take it as I am defending anyone, but that is a crap shoot at best. To expect as many people as are ticket holders to just show up at a game is a big leap of faith. Yeah I figured there would be some walk ups, it is just 10,000 shocked me.

Don't take it as I am defending anyone, but that is a crap shoot at best. To expect as many people as are ticket holders to just show up at a game is a big leap of faith. Yeah I figured there would be some walk ups, it is just 10,000 shocked me.

well atleast from now on the sox will have to err on the side of caution...if its a nice day and a first place team is in town the need to prepare for big walk ups...like cwsox said earlier..the sox cant claim "unforeseen circumstances" anymore..its happened twice now...

You can pay people to be on call, if you aren't sure what the walk up will be. When I was there on opening day I don't remember more security than the other games. There may have been more on but the presence wasn't noticeable, they may have sent a lot home? I was able to get an elevator pass and wander through every section of the park. Club section or otherwise didn't get asked once for a ticket. Nor did I see a beer vendor I.D. anyone. The booths maybe but not the guys in the seats, it is very easy to drink under age there. I found it to be an incredibly friendly park though, the ticket people the security I stopped and talked to, the other fans that I talked to(I'm not shy in that situation). That is the park they need to upsell, not a bunch of drunken idiots from 8 miles away comming for a cheap game drink fest.

That is the park they need to upsell,

upsell?

upsell?

Is that Canadian for something? :lol: :canada

You screwy Americans don't even know what a toque is. Learn what winter wear is all aboot.

Tuque or toque

A stocking cap is something you put on your head to rob a bank, a toque is a hat for the winter. :canada