Jerry Manuel always...

SoxFan1

jerry has pluses and minues

on the plus side he handles the pitching staff well..except for what happened last year foulke..which totally sent me to the dark side...

on the minus side he tinkers way too much with the starting line up and doesnt use the bench enough in in-game situations...thiough this year he has used guys off the bench alot more...forcing the other manager to burn up his pen...maybe with the vetran bench he will feel more comfortable with that

this is a key year for jerry..if we have to white flag the season he will be one of thge casualties

jerry has pluses and minues

on the plus side he handles the pitching staff well..except for what happened last year foulke..which totally sent me to the dark side...

on the minus side he tinkers way too much with the starting line up and doesnt use the bench enough in in-game situations...thiough this year he has used guys off the bench alot more...forcing the other manager to burn up his pen...maybe with the vetran bench he will feel more comfortable with that

this is a key year for jerry..if we have to white flag the  season he will be one of thge casualties

Agreed.

He has gotten better as it as the season has gone on(as weird as that sounds after 15 games). Against the Indians(???), we had a runner or two in scoring and CLee was up, and he hadn't been hitting anything at this time....and he still really isn't(though his GS today was very nice...regardless of where the pitch was....those things can help get players going). What's Manuel do?...he lets him hit....and CLee gets out....inning over. No one was surprised. The next inning....he sent up Rios or Dauber up in Rowand's spot....and he got out, and then he sent the other up in Olivo's spot, and he got out, and then DJ ended the game. THAT is very s***ty managing. You don't let a player who is hitting about .100 hit in a huge situation like that, when you have someone on your bench who is hitting much better.

Another time he had a terrible call this year was in that second game of the year when Graffy couldn't get a bunt down. I got two gripes with that....first, what the hell is Graffy bunting for when you have a better bunter and possibly a faster runner in Jose on the bench? Second....what the hell is Graffy bunting with 2 strikes for? There is no point of that.

Two examples of how Manuel has used the bench poorly....but he has gotten better in the past few days. I just want to get some late inning rallies rather quickly....those kinds of things build confidence and give teams momentum. If you get those things.....you get hot as hell....and you start winning....ala 2000.

However, I do think he looks like he has a clueless look on his face like he doesn't know what the hell he's going to do next.

Dave Wannstedt had the same stupid ass expression after he'd get his ass handed to him :lol:

Comparing anyone to Wannstedt is just plain cruel, CK, just mean and cruel! :angry:

Except if you are talking about Marty Morningweh explaining why you kick off rather than take the ball! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will never look at JM again and not think about Wannstedt! :lol:

Look at the job Tom Kelly did with terrible teams in Minnesota

If you are saying this is an example of good managing, I beg to differ. "Terrible teams" sums it up. TK did a great job early in his career, but he just seemed to show up toward the end.