Enemencio Pacheco Released

BHAMBARONS

I'm guessing that, assuming they move up a starter, it will be Ryan Rodriguez getting the spot start. While it would be Flores' turn in the rotation Tuesday for the 'Hogs, they have an off day Monday so Rodriguez would be pitching on 4 days rest. Plus the Sox already had him pitch in a spot start (or 2?) for Charlotte last season.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
I'm guessing that, assuming they move up a starter, it will be Ryan Rodriguez getting the spot start. While it would be Flores' turn in the rotation Tuesday for the 'Hogs, they have an off day Monday so Rodriguez would be pitching on 4 days rest. Plus the Sox already had him pitch in a spot start (or 2?) for Charlotte last season.

That was the rumor I heard but I wanted to confirm it first

Thanks

Tom

Seems like he never got back on track after he was hurt last season in the game here in Louisville.

Best wishes to him, as he had pretty good stuff, just didn't work out with the Sox organization.

I'd like to hear thoughts on the chain reaction. Gio has been utterly dominant in Kanny in two stints now (end of '04, beginning of '05).

Note - Gonzalez had 32 2/3 innings at Kanny in '04 and has 22 innings at Kanny in '05 for a total of 54 2/3 innings. Brandon McCarthy had only 52 innings at W-S before getting promoted to B'Ham last year. This is not necessarily too early to promote him, and the low-A/high-A leap is not as big as the high-A, AA leap.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
Well the real question is whether Rodriguez getting moved up would be permanent or temporary only until the Sox can sign a guy or stretch out Ryan Meaux like they did last year.

Is Malone ready to go back into the rotation? Diaz healthy?

Still awaiting word on Whisler, no reply from W-S.