Will it get coverage???

Kid Gleason

This year the Giants are pretty much garaunteed to be the first team in the MLB to reach the 10,000 wins mark. Do you think this milestone event should get mass coverage, or should it just get a minor mention in the California area? I understand that if every team sticks around, then they will all make it to this point. But it seems to me this is more of a milestone for the MLB than it is for JUST the Giants. It has only taken 122 years to get to this point, so it really is no big deal...I guess.

(yes, I know this is for the Giants since their inception, and is going along with the change in cities)

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 08:41 AM)
Hmmmm, no talk about it here even...so I am guessing my answer would be a big ol' "NO".  :bang

I have a feeling it won't be recognized that greatly. ESPN will just say, "BTW, this was the Giants 10,000th win," and then they will go back to slurping the Yanks and Sawx.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 07:43 AM)
I have a feeling it won't be recognized that greatly.  ESPN will just say, "BTW, this was the Giants 10,000th win,"  and then they will go back to slurping the Yanks and Sawx.

I dunno, If they are able to pry Pedro Gomez's Lips off of Barry Bonds ass for one second they might let him do a report on their 10,000th win...

THAT GUY PISSES ME OFF SOOO MUCH...

Report, "Barry Bonds walked around the clubhouse today with one crutch, sat in his chair, and left. His demeanor was solemn but his aura was felt by all who noticed his rippling biceps...."

UHHH...thanx Pedro...

My least favorite DAILY report on Sportscenter..........who gives a s***?!?!?