THANK GOD.....

CubKilla

i found it interesting that marte and gordon were both up with 2 outs in the 8th and not koch...i guess technically thats the right move but i would have thought jerry would have wanted to get koch back in there to get a save so his last outing doesnt stew...

but watching koch pitch this year im beginning to believe there is something wrong with his arm...91-94???...thats not billy koch...maybe thats why he wasnt up tonight and manuel let bartolo finish..which is something he usually doesnt do

i found it interesting that marte and gordon were both up with 2 outs in the 8th and not koch...i guess technically thats the right move but i would have thought jerry would have wanted to get koch back in there to get a save so his last outing doesnt stew...

but watching koch pitch this year im beginning to believe there is something wrong with his arm...91-94???...thats not billy koch...maybe thats why he wasnt up tonight and manuel let bartolo finish..which is something he usually doesnt do

Oakland used him in an extrordinary amount of innings last year....he pitched like 95 innings....that's about 15-20 more than a closer needs. Suppose that could have done it?

manuel let bartolo finish..which is something he usually doesnt do

We normally don't have a pitcher entering the 9th inning having only thrown 90-something pitches, either.

Bartolo was never really in trouble Friday (except the 3rd inning), so why not let him go the distance? Saves the bullpen. :)

And I'm not worried about Billy at all. He'll be fine -- early season jitters. ;)