1b- pauly

2b-loretta

3b-wright

ss-uribe

of-manny

of-crawford

of-matsui

utl-overbay

my concern is that ill be losing alot of steals. yes, i have crawford, but aside from him, my steals will be hard to get. and now that hes been batting 3rd, he my be inclined to run even less.

but i do like that my OF will be improved (matsui will get the start over rowand and wilkerson).

do you think i should accept the trade? other opinons?

I currently have Eric Chavez on my fantasy team and he sucks ass and the thing that scares me about Chavez is the lineup around him which is horrible so any deal that you can get decent value for him is good.

I also have Loretta who has been quite disappointing thus far this season. Comming into today he was batting .275 with 0 HR's however he did go 5 for 6 today and boosted his BA to .299. Loretta has shown no power however he does have 6 stolen bases this season which is 3 away from his career high which has been a nice surprise. With Loretta you know you'll get a good average and a good amount of runs.

Loretta >>> Chavez (overall)

Matsui is an interesting case, a lot people felt this would be the year that Matsui starts hitting for power but so far this season he really hasn't shown it seeing how he only has 3 HR plus a .233 avg. to boot. He has pretty much sucked so far this season. You should expect him to catch fire some time soon and begin his climb closer to his home run total from last year of 31. Also his avg. should end up around .280 and he will pick up 100 RBIs. So Matsui this year will probably end up giving you .280, 30+ HR, 100+ RBI, 90 runs and 1 SB.

Rollins' only real asset is his SBs, he has been terribly inconsistent over his career. He never had a real high avg before last year when he batted .289 and scored 119 runs which was the first time he has ever had 100+ runs in a given year. Rollins isn't going to hit many HRs look for about 15 this season. So Rollins this year will probably end up giving you .265, 15 HR, 65 RBI, 90 runs and 35+ SBs.

Matsui >>> Rollins (avg, HR, RBI)

Matsui = Rollins (runs)

Rollins >>>>> Matsui (SB)

So in the end Chavez is worthless, Loretta is very good and Matsui is better than Rollins at everything except SBs.

My Opinion: Make the trade.

I wouldn't do it, the guys trying to take advantage of a mediocre start from two early draft picks. Matsui isn't much of an upgrade over Rowand and Wilkerson, and if Uribe is 2B eligible then Loretta isn't a that big over Uribe. Loretta is overrated, he might hit for a decent average, but he'll top out around 100 runs with okay production in RBI and not much in SB (has not hit double figures ever). Rollins will definitely get you steals (probably at least 35) and a decent amount of runs. His batting average might be lower than it has been, but that isn't that important a category in fantasy baseball because of week to week fluctuations. Chavez will be fine, he's a top hitter that typically starts slow and starts hitting a ton right before the All-Star break. I'm not worried about the lineup, it isn't really any different than the lineup he had last year. He had 87 runs, 29 homers, and 77 RBI while hitting .276 in only 125 games, and had a similarly awful start to the season. I'd be seriously surprised if he doesn't end up around 80 runs, 30 homers, and 100 RBI with about a .280 average. The guy has produced too much in the past to worry about an early slump. Just hang on to your stars and be patient. Remeber, Chavez hit .221 in April last year, Jeter didn't get over .200 until May, and Huff hit .191 in April. All of them ended up with pretty good numbers. Don't give up on guys that have historically produced because of a rough start.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

dont do it chavez sucks and rollins is ehh... okay

you could use a shortstop man, uribe wont cut it and konerko is not the greatest with average

to solve both i suggest david eckstein and jason phillips, if you are looking for a third basemen look at koskie, or aaron boone, he might start heating up

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 12, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
dont do it chavez sucks and rollins is ehh... okay

you could use a shortstop man, uribe wont cut it and konerko is not the greatest with average

to solve both i suggest david eckstein and jason phillips, if you are looking for a third basemen look at koskie, or aaron boone, he might start heating up

He'd be GIVING UP Chavez and Rollins, and getting Loretta and Matsui.