A bit of good news.

Bighurt52235

I agree. Loiaza has been the best surprise we have had and is a solid performer. I am impressed with the way Stewart keeps battling when in trouble. He hasn't been as sharp as I would have liked to see especially after his spring training starts, but unlike Garland he keeps the score low and us in the game.

Esteban Loaiza is starting tomorrow.  Yay! He's been easily our best starter.

We really should sweep the Orioles, and anything less than 2 of 3 from the Twins this weekend is, in my mind, an absolute failure.

I agree. A sweep of the O's would be huge for the Sox, since Minnesota plays KC three times we can gain some ground in the division.

Let's go Esteban!!! :headbang

CWSOX45

We really should sweep the Orioles, and anything less than 2 of 3 from the Twins this weekend is, in my mind, an absolute failure.

Anything less than 2 out of 3 from either team..... especially with the A's and Seattle afterwards..... and JM should join the ranks of the unemployed while the Sox could still salvage the season. It won't happen (firing JM) but it should.

Anything less than 2 out of 3 from either team..... especially with the A's and Seattle afterwards..... and JM should join the ranks of the unemployed while the Sox could still salvage the season. It won't happen (firing JM) but it should.

It should have happened last year....when he lost control of the team.

Right now....we are winning based pretty much on the talent of this team. If Loaiza cools off in May like he has in the past....we might be in for yet another disappointment, much like last year.

Right now....we are winning based pretty much on the talent of this team. If Loaiza cools off in May like he has in the past....we might be in for yet another disappointment, much like last year.

Yes, Loaiza's success is going to be very much needed for the Sox to contend for a playoff spot.

He said recently that this is the first time in years that he's 100% healthy, so I don't expect him to fall off the map like he's done in previous seasons. I know he'll cool down some, but as long as he can keep his ERA under 4.00, he'll be a valuable asset to this team.

Yes, Loaiza's success is going to be very much needed for the Sox to contend for a playoff spot.

He said recently that this is the first time in years that he's 100% healthy, so I don't expect him to fall off the map like he's done in previous seasons. I know he'll cool down some, but as long as he can keep his ERA under 4.00, he'll be a valuable asset to this team.

Hell, if he can keep his ERA like right around 4.00....I'll be happy. Cal Eldred helped the White Sox win the division in 2000 by winning 10 games and only losing 2....with an ERA of about 4.50.

Wins are the most important stat....it shows you can keep your team in the game...or if given a lead, you can hold the lead. It wouldn't make a difference to me in the slightest if a guy gave up 8 runs and the Sox won 9-8 compared to a guy giving up no runs and the Sox winning 9-0. The win is the important thing....not low ERAs.

Hell, if he can keep his ERA like right around 4.00....I'll be happy. Cal Eldred helped the White Sox win the division in 2000 by winning 10 games and only losing 2....with an ERA of about 4.50.

Wins are the most important stat....it shows you can keep your team in the game...or if given a lead, you can hold the lead. It wouldn't make a difference to me in the slightest if a guy gave up 8 runs and the Sox won 9-8 compared to a guy giving up no runs and the Sox winning 9-0. The win is the important thing....not low ERAs.

Granted, wins are what it's all about.

But, our offense to this point has been no where near the 2000 team. We're very inconsistent so far, and I don't think we can afford to have any pitcher with an ERA over 4.00.

Now, I feel that our bats will wake up (mainly guys like Frank and Paulie) soon, but until they do, we can't afford to give up 5 or more runs, as we'll lose most of the time.

And I looked it up, and so far what I said is true.

When giving up less than 5, we are 11-2.

When allowing 5 or more runs, we are 0-6.

The Baltimore series ends the part of our schedule where we really should have fattened up, and we blew it. Unless we sweep the O's. I said we needed to be at about 15-7 at the end of this series, and with a sweep we can 14-8. That's close enough, butit's time to start playing some baseball. These 2 losses to the Indians really hurt.