Is someone from Texas in here?

rafacosta

Because I would like to receive any information about College Station, TX. I know it is a small city, and Texas A&M is located in there. Maybe I will go there for my MS degree in Agricultural Economics. Thanks!

Edited by rafacosta

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 19, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)
Well, I'm from there - but a good one to PM is Sox4LifeinPA because he went to A & M.

And as I recall he pretty much hated it, though that may have had more to do with the distance between him and Mrs4Life.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ May 19, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
From what I know of College Station, it's a nice town with plenty to do.  It's also very football-oriented (much like the rest of Texas).  And if you're a Republican, you'll probably enjoy the Bush Presidential Library.

Lol. I am nothing...but thanks for the info. I dont like Bush, but I dont want to get in to this. I dont know where to go. I have 2 options Univ. of Georgia or TAMU...I know the best program in Ag. Economics is in TAMU between those universities.

QUOTE(rafacosta @ May 19, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
Lol. I am nothing...but thanks for the info. I dont like Bush, but I dont want to get in to this. I dont know where to go. I have 2 options Univ. of Georgia or TAMU...I know the best program in Ag. Economics is in TAMU between those universities.

How can you not like bush?? Oh wait you meant George Bush... NM continue on nothing to see here... :bang

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ May 19, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
From what I know of College Station, it's a nice town with plenty to do.  It's also very football-oriented (much like the rest of Texas).  And if you're a Republican, you'll probably enjoy the Bush Presidential Library.

Is there any good bars? Sometimes it is good to have some beers and know few girls :P And the weather? I believe that in the winter it is not that cold. I know it is 100 miles from Houston and 130 from Dallas.

QUOTE(rafacosta @ May 19, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
Is there any good bars? Sometimes it is good to have some beers and know few girls  :P  And the weather? I believe that in the winter it is not that cold. I know it is 100 miles from Houston and 130 from Dallas.

I lived about a half hour from there for a couple of years. The summers are hot and humid. The winters are fairly mild.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 19, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
Rafa -

Agriculture economics is not my field of specialty, but in the grad school I'm in currently, there are people that have spoken very highly of A&M's program in this area.

Thanks, Kaps!

Yeah, I heard it was top 10 in the US in Ag Econ. UGA is not even close...

QUOTE(rafacosta @ May 19, 2005 -> 06:01 PM)
Is there any good bars? Sometimes it is good to have some beers and know few girls  :P  And the weather? I believe that in the winter it is not that cold. I know it is 100 miles from Houston and 130 from Dallas.

College Station might have a few bars... ;)

And in the winter it gets cold enough to snow maybe once and that's about it.

highs in the 50's F in the winter

but in the summer it's 95+ F every day

QUOTE(rafacosta @ May 19, 2005 -> 12:01 PM)

I don't know much about the bars, but the weather probably isn't much different that Houston's (maybe gets into the 30s or 40s in the winter with ample rain, but snow is rare... temps in the general area are mid-90s and humid in the summer). You'll need to bring a coat, but not a heavy one, for the winters and the summers are most likely similar to Brazil's.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 19, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
College Station might have a few bars... ;)

And in the winter it gets cold enough to snow maybe once and that's about it.

highs in the 50's F in the winter

but in the summer it's 95+ F every day

:cheers

Snow? Ok, I can live with that! Here is so hot all yar long that a cold weather will do no harm. Actually, I have never see snow before :P .

95 F in the summer? I think that it is equivalent to 35 C...not so bad...usual summer here in my city.

QUOTE(rafacosta @ May 19, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
:cheers

Snow? Ok, I can live with that! Here is so hot all yar long that a cold weather will do no harm. Actually, I have never see snow before  :P .

95 F in the summer? I think that it is equivalent to 35 C...not so bad...usual summer here in my city.

as a point of reference, where are you in brazil?

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ May 19, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
You'll need to bring a coat, but not a heavy one, for the winters and the summers are most likely similar to Brazil's.

That's the problem...I live in Northeast Brazil, the hottest place in Brazil. Basically, we dont have winter in here (talking about temperature). It is hot all year long!

A&M is one of the Top 5 AG programs in the US. College Station is pretty typical for a US, semi-rural college towns. Each one is different, but each one is the same. First lesson is you must dislike, perhaps even hate, the UT Longhorns. Get a sticker that Saws 'Em Off :D

Allsaw.jpg

As far as the social life, you may dislike Texas women, especially if you dislike tall, sweet, beautiful, and sexy.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 20, 2005 -> 05:56 AM)
As far as the social life, you may dislike Texas women, especially if you dislike tall, sweet, beautiful, and sexy.

Hey! I'm not Texan!

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 20, 2005 -> 11:56 AM)
A&M is one of the Top 5 AG programs in the US. College Station is pretty typical for a US, semi-rural college towns. Each one is different, but each one is the same. First lesson is you must dislike, perhaps even hate, the UT Longhorns. Get a sticker that Saws 'Em Off  :D

Allsaw.jpg

You may hate UT, but you'll be runnin' to Austin for the nightlife quite a bit. It's only an hour or so drive, and it's an actual city. Just please, for the love of all that is holy, don't join The Core!!!

QUOTE(TheDybber @ May 20, 2005 -> 10:15 AM)
You may hate UT, but you'll be runnin' to Austin for the nightlife quite a bit.  It's only an hour or so drive, and it's an actual city.  Just please, for the love of all that is holy, don't join The Core!!!

It's more like two hours.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ May 20, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
You may hate UT, but you'll be runnin' to Austin for the nightlife quite a bit.  It's only an hour or so drive, and it's an actual city.  Just please, for the love of all that is holy, don't join The Core!!!

6th Street :cheers :drink :headbang :lolhitting :snr

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ May 20, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
Hey! I'm not Texan!

You can be an honory Texan. Why, I'll bet we could dip you in a pond and scoop out cute all year long. :wub:

Note: I have no clue what the hell that means, bu I read it in one of those talkin' Texas books. :D

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 20, 2005 -> 08:56 AM)
A&M is one of the Top 5 AG programs in the US. College Station is pretty typical for a US, semi-rural college towns. Each one is different, but each one is the same. First lesson is you must dislike, perhaps even hate, the UT Longhorns. Get a sticker that Saws 'Em Off  :D

Allsaw.jpg

Thanks, Texsox for the info. And I will choose TAMU instead of UGA...

I love tall, sweet, beautiful, and sexy women, the biggest problem is that I am 5-10. I am a small guy...s***!