My Away Game Thread

whitesox91403

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ May 27, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
On my birthday, 8/8, I will be in attendance at Yankee Staduim to watch our beloved Sox play, obviously, The Yankees. Anyone been to New York than give this first timer some tips? :gosox1:

I've been there. My favorite part of the stadium was probably taking the subway, coming out of the tunnel and just seeing the stadium there, that's pretty cool. Besides that go to monument park if it's open which it never is when I go. If you're sitting in the UD try not to fall down, that's all I got for you. Have fun. :)

If you're staying in the city, you should consider taking the water taxi up to the stadium. You can catch it from right under the Brooklyn bridge on the Brooklyn side or 42nd in Manhattan (I think?). Its definitely a cool way to get to the park. I'll be at all those games (my nick should be LostInBrooklyn now) so perhaps I'll see ya there...

If you need any suggestions for places to check out, msg me.

I went last year for the 1st time and saw the Yanks play the Red Sox. Yankee Stadium is really impressive. It is like going to Mecca. We sat halfway up in the upperdeck and had a great time. Yankee fans take their baseball very seriously. Not alot of innane conversation, instead everyone was watching every pitch. Taking the subway is great and only took about 15 or 20 minutes from Mid-town Manhatten.