Larry Brown to be next Cavs President

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ May 31, 2005 -> 01:40 PM)
Ok so let me get this straight, first you question me calling him a liar, then you move on to explain that its ok that he lied because its his MO. Then you question how I could have believed he spoke the truth. Oook then.

I said hypothetically speaking if he was leaving for another coaching job which he isn't. Everyone and their parents know that. And all he said was that Detroit would be his last coaching stop. He never said how long he was going to be there at all. Not once did he say that in his press conference he was going to stay there for 5 years. So he did not lie to any Pistons fan. Don't know what part of that isn't understandable.

Larry simply said he would be retiring in Detroit, and he's not going to be retiring in Detroit if the latest reports are true. But even if they are true, do you honestly think Larry can go without coaching the Cavaliers and just sit back and let someone else do it? Thats asking too much from him, he has an ego and if the Cav's falter, I see him taking over immediately.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:38 PM)
Larry simply said he would be retiring in Detroit, and he's not going to be retiring in Detroit if the latest reports are true. But even if they are true, do you honestly think Larry can go without coaching the Cavaliers and just sit back and let someone else do it? Thats asking too much from him, he has an ego and if the Cav's falter, I see him taking over immediately.

He said that Detroit would be his last coaching gig. He didn't say he would no way be involved with basketball after Detroit. Would you rather have him take Dumars' job?? Larry will just quit if it doesn't work out in CLE.