Another NHL franchise for sale

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
This is not a real shock to those who have watched.  St. Louis has needed another team in their building for years, which IMO has led to this.

But it's interesting to see the tango'ing going on coming out of the CBA talks.

So is there going to be a team in St. Louis, or will they be moved?

I think the intent is to keep them in St. Louis, but I bet if something doesn't get in the Savvis Centre to help them out, they would be looking for a new home, perhaps Kansas City (a lot of rumours about Kansas City picking up an NHL team) or Houston.

What businessperson in their right mind would buy an NHL franchise while the lockout was still going on?

They have no idea what it will do to their fanbase. They have no idea how many fans will come back at the end of the lockout (assuming it does end), they have no idea how long it will take others to come back or to find new fans. Therefore, there's no way anyone could put a rational price on one of those franchises.

If you buy in a few months after the lockout ends, then at least that makes sense, because you've already seen how much interest has dropped off and you know full well that the lockout has already ended. Then, maybe you're buying a growth company and getting it when its undervalued. But right now? That makes no sense at all to me.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)
When I saw this thread title, I got excited...hoping Dollar Bill put the 'hawks up for sale.  Dammit.

I would imagine they wouldn't move the Blues.  Don't know where they would go.

Dollar Bill wont sell this team as long as he can get 8000-10000 suckers to show up to watch them get shutout at home, eat 5 dollar hotdogs washed down with 6 dollar cups of beer or whatever they charge these days.

He'll go right on paying players peanuts until they skip town to the Rangers or Colorado or someone else who will pay them what they're worth and we'll be left with rookies and retreads for as long as anyone can stand it.

Their new motto should be this.

Blackhawk Hockey: Ass-raping the fans since 1996.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 12:03 AM)
Dollar Bill wont sell this team as long as he can get 8000-10000 suckers to show up to watch them get shutout at home, eat 5 dollar hotdogs washed down with 6 dollar cups of beer or whatever they charge these days. 

He'll go right on paying players peanuts until they skip town to the Rangers or Colorado or someone else who will pay them what they're worth and we'll be left with rookies and retreads for as long as anyone can stand it.

Their new motto should be this.

Blackhawk Hockey:  Ass-raping the fans since 1996.

I'll bet you Nuke that things will be different coming out of this.

You can choose to not go and that's your perogative, but IMO keep an open mind, see if I'm right and then decide again.