Twins commercials smack of smack!

EvilMonkey

I was catching several games today on my XM, and stopped on the Twins broadcast today, since I have 3 Twins players on my fantasy team. The XM baseball package is pretty cool, allowing you to hear the broadcasts of other teams, including the local commercials. Well, a Twins commercial came up, and in it, the announcer was doing a sort-of rhyme, that was basically about Torri 'b****' Hunter crashing into the wall and stealing a homer away from Frank Thomas. There was one more part, also dissing the Sox, but I can't recall that one, I was too busy avoiding a deer on I-394. If it was a broacast clip replaying an actual out, that would be one thing, but this just didn't sit right. I hope someone on the team hears that commercial, and uses it as 'bulletin board material'.

:gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
I got a better one for em:

The Sox went up to the dome

to take on the Twins at their home

They took 2 of 3

emerged with a lead

and haven't since let go

How's that for pulling something out of your ass?

preety good.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)
I got a better one for em:

The Sox went up to the dome

to take on the Twins at their home

They took 2 of 3

emerged with a lead

and haven't since let go

How's that for pulling something out of your ass?

YESSS! :lolhitting :gosox3:

one thing i dont get..... why harp on the big frank? He's not really a controversial player on the sox... or really the face of the franchise anymore (Buehrle, Rowand, Konerko IMHO)

shoulda went after buehrle... just my 2 cents... it was prolly just easier to use the big hurt in their rhyme scheme.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 06:17 AM)
one thing i dont get..... why harp on the big frank? He's not really a controversial player on the sox... or really the face of the franchise anymore (Buehrle, Rowand, Konerko IMHO)

shoulda went after buehrle... just my 2 cents... it was prolly just easier to use the big hurt in their rhyme scheme.

The way Twins fans think, though, is that Frank is a "cancer in the clubhouse." I cannot count how many times I've heard, "Well, sure the Sox are playing okay now, but when Frank gets back, he'll f*** up the clubhouse, and the Twins will catch up."

Frank is still the most recognizable member of this team outside of Chicago, at least for non-hardcore MLB fans.