D-Backs vs Tigers Thread

DBAHO

Well I finally went to my 1st ever game of Baseball b/w the D-Backs and Tiggies. We had seats up in the upper deck behind the home plate and got a nice view of the ballpark in general. It was Bonderman vs. Vargas on the hill, and man Bonderman was just horrible. He left his breaking balls up in the zone, and his fastballs right over the plate, and the D-Backs just took full advantage. Shawn Green hit 2 homers including one rebounding off the brick wall into the pool. And the Tiggies hitters just made Vargas look great even though I don't think he pitched that great, they just swung at anything basically. But then the D-Backs bullpen came out in the later innings and gave up 5 runs, they started booing Koplove real bad after he gave up a 3 run homer to Infante off the LF foul pole, which was quite hilarious.

But in general, there's no point to be worried at all about the Tiggies over the next few seasons. Their hitters don't take enough walks, and their pitching today, including their bullpen were pretty brutal. I'll post some pics later maybe. :)

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
i sure hope you heckled.

and then got crazy looks from the rest of the fans

:P

glad you finally got to see a MLB game.

I had my Dad's louthmouth work partner seated next to me who wore an Aussie Rugby Jersey, and he got really, really pissed. Pretty funny in the later innings especially since he's a Tigers fan.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
tigers/ d-backs how did you decide on that game its kind of random

I'm in Phoenix for a few weeks, so I'm just going to go to any game I can basically. We'll probably see a Giants vs. D-Backs game this week, and maybe a Padres game down in San Diego over the weekend if they are playing at PETCO.