ATO: Charlotte Moves, a Familiar Face, and More

danman31

ATO: Charlotte Moves, All-Star News, a Familiar Face, and More

Ryan Wing claimed off waivers from Texas

ESPN Radio 1000 in Chicago reported that the White Sox claimed LHP Ryan Wing off waivers from Texas. Wing was a 2nd round draft pick of the Sox in 2001 and lived up to his high draft pick early in his pro career. He was 12-7 with a 3.78 ERA in 2002 for Kannapolis and the following year he was 9-7 with a 2.98 ERA for Winston-Salem. After 2003 he was one of the top pitching prospects in the organization. Unfortunately he missed all of 2004 because of shoulder surgery. Wing was left off the 40-man roster of the Sox and Texas claimed him. However, he struggled mightily for high A Bakersfield of the California League. In 12 appearances (11 starts) the 23 year-old went 25 with an ugly 6.93 ERA. In 50.2 IP Wing struck out only 33 and walked 36. While the California League is a hitters’ league, those numbers aren’t pretty anywhere. It would appear that he will have to come out of the pen for Winston-Salem as the Warthogs already have a full rotation and then some. more...

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
ATO: Charlotte Moves, All-Star News, a Familiar Face, and More

Ryan Wing claimed off waivers from Texas

ESPN Radio 1000 in Chicago reported that the White Sox claimed LHP Ryan Wing off waivers from Texas. Wing was a 2nd round draft pick of the Sox in 2001 and lived up to his high draft pick early in his pro career. He was 12-7 with a 3.78 ERA in 2002 for Kannapolis and the following year he was 9-7 with a 2.98 ERA for Winston-Salem. After 2003 he was one of the top pitching prospects in the organization. Unfortunately he missed all of 2004 because of shoulder surgery. Wing was left off the 40-man roster of the Sox and Texas claimed him. However, he struggled mightily for high A Bakersfield of the California League. In 12 appearances (11 starts) the 23 year-old went 25 with an ugly 6.93 ERA. In 50.2 IP Wing struck out only 33 and walked 36. While the California League is a hitters’ league, those numbers aren’t pretty anywhere. It would appear that he will have to come out of the pen for Winston-Salem as the Warthogs already have a full rotation and then some.  more...

I am unable to get to rest of story, is link bad?

OK, much better now, thanks

Edited by MnSoxFan

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:54 PM)
Lubisich is still in Charlotte but unfortante for him he will be done for the season with shoulder problems and might need Tommy John Surgery.  Luby seen Dr. Andrews today so we shall see.  not good for him no matter what

The Charlotte media guy told us he was back to Bham and he's back on the Barons roster on milb.com. I guess they put him back on the roster but wanted him on the Barons DL. :huh

QUOTE(BrianAndersonFan @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 07:24 AM)
I read some where that Nik went up for 2 games but didn't get to play and then they sent him back down. I'm confused. :huh

Yeah, that's what I read so I put it in the article. It's right. He's listed on every Barons roster (barons.com milb.com). Since he's hurt he may not be in Birmingham with the team.