Burnett AND Lowell?

palesox38

If the Sox get Burnett, will Lowell be involved?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. If the Sox get Burnett, will Lowell be involved?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would rather have Encarnacion, who has been mentioned

According to a Miami newspaper, the Marlins may package thirdbaseman Mike Lowell in the Burnett deal. Also, the paper says that although Baltimore has intensified interest, baseball insiders say that the sox are still the frontrunners to grab Burnett from Florida.

Allthough his numbers are not the typical Mike Lowell, the deal may be better off with his addition. Now the sox can trade Crede instead of Rowand or Everett, which the sun times said the sox may have to do. Crede still has the potential of being a good offensive player, but it's better off trading him than Rowand or Everett.

P.S.- Many WS teams have had strong hitting thirdbasemen. Last year it was Mueller, who hit for average, and Rolen who hit for power. Plus, Lowell has had WS experience and I believe he will turn it around in the second half.

QUOTE(palesox38 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 01:12 AM)
P.S.- Many WS teams have had strong hitting thirdbasemen. Last year it was Mueller, who hit for average, and Rolen who hit for power. Plus, Lowell has had WS experience and I believe he will turn it around in the second half.

Many World Series teams also have awesome pitching, a solid offense, and good defense up the middle. Much more important factors than a strong hitting 3Bman.

Afterall, I wouldn't say Matt Williams was that strong offensively in 01.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 02:02 AM)
Many World Series teams also have awesome pitching, a solid offense, and good defense up the middle.  Much more important factors than a strong hitting 3Bman.

Afterall, I wouldn't say Matt Williams was that strong offensively in 01.

Theres no doubt those are more important, but if we get him, we have all of the components. Also, based on Lowell's involvement, I believe we do have the best chance of getting him, because Baltimore has Melvin Mora, so they really have no use for Lowell.

Edited by palesox38

I don't think we will lose another game all year.... I think getting Lowell might be a stretch, but we'll see.... I think if Contreras comes around like he did last outing then we will be good to go assuming El Duque or BMac are able to hold up in the #5 role. I wouldn't have minded getting Zach Day...

QUOTE(palesox38 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
Theres no doubt those are more important, but if we get him, we have all of the components. Also, based on Lowell's involvement, I believe we do have the best chance of getting him, because Baltimore has Melvin Mora, so they really have no use for Lowell.

And the upside of getting a player who has been worse offensively than Juan Uribe this year and has a bad contract is what, exactly?

It's almost having the best chance of having your face burned by a saldering iron.

I don't understand his offensive problems either, but I have faith in him. I read a qoute from Lowell that said if he gets traded, he'll play hard wherever he goes, plus he has the ws experience, and he is also a great defensive 3B. i just hope that he and Burnett don't get traded to the BoSox.