best method of buying tickets for a ballgame?

IamtheHBOMB

HI all,

I'm looking to pick up tickets to two of the upcoming games against the Blue Jays in early August. I have been only to two games this year and both times I used Ticketmaster. I really don't feel like doing that again. I am buying tickets for a larger group of people this time and I don't want to deal with their convenience charges ($4 a ticket?). I can't help but think there is a better way to go about this. I was thinking about taking a drive up to the park and buying them directly but I wouldn't know where to go to get em. Any help would be much appreciated.

QUOTE(IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
HI all,

I'm looking to pick up tickets to two of the upcoming games against the Blue Jays in early August.  I have been only to two games this year and both times I used Ticketmaster.  I really don't feel like doing that again.  I am buying tickets for a larger group of people this time and I don't want to deal with their convenience charges ($4 a ticket?).  I can't help but think there is a better way to go about this.  I was thinking about taking a drive up to the park and buying them directly but I wouldn't know where to go to get em.  Any help would be much appreciated.

You could check Stubhub or buy them from the stadium ticket office. 866-SOX-GAME

As long as we are talking about getting tickets to a game, is it better to order online or get them at the park?

(I am going to a game on 8/5 and if I don't order before then, I will buy tickets to the 9/24 game that day.)

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 07:40 AM)
As long as we are talking about getting tickets to a game, is it better to order online or get them at the park? 

(I am going to a game on 8/5 and if I don't order before then, I will buy tickets to the 9/24 game that day.)

I think for an advanced game the inventory at the park and on ticketmaster would be the same. If you're worried prime seats for that game will be sold before now and 8/5 buy them on ticketmaster and pay the service fees. If not, just wait.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 08:40 AM)

just buy them through chisox.com and print them out. easiest way to buy tickets.

QUOTE(IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
HI all,

I'm looking to pick up tickets to two of the upcoming games against the Blue Jays in early August.  I have been only to two games this year and both times I used Ticketmaster.  I really don't feel like doing that again.  I am buying tickets for a larger group of people this time and I don't want to deal with their convenience charges ($4 a ticket?).  I can't help but think there is a better way to go about this.  I was thinking about taking a drive up to the park and buying them directly but I wouldn't know where to go to get em.  Any help would be much appreciated.

The absolute best way is to see if any of your friends or relatives are Sox season ticket holders....Sox season ticket holders have a Sox Charge line and can order additional tix without TM service charges....A STH can order you tix for any game and you'd simply pay the invoice....Otherwise, your best chance is to go to the park when the Sox are outta town (Like this week) and go to Gate 4 during the week or weekend....No TM charges there and it's less of a hassle....