AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&a

nitetrain8601

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
With all the political correctness going around I seriously need to file a class action lawsuit against Notre Dame and their obvious racist designation of the "Fighting Irish", after I win that I am going after that focker and his lucky charms. 

And what is with the use of GREEN for sarcasm. Must be a hidden slight against the Irish.  LOL

HE DIDNT MEAN IT THAT WAY, SOMETIMES WE NEED TO BACK AWAY FROM THE PC BANDWAGON.

Funny thing is that there are actually people that do believe that about the "fightin'" irish. Whackos.

Too bad changing Notre Dame's mascot is about as hard as winning the powerball on back to back weeks. :P

But ya, the PC wagon needs to have its axels broken. At least that'll slow it down to see the double standards, like Yas has pointed out.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Fotop @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 03:43 AM)
Funny thing is that there are actually people that do believe that about the "fightin'" irish. Whackos.

Actually, when my grandma was little she thought the Fighting Irish was her dad (he was from the old country). So, yeah, some people do believe it.

And HELL YEAH! to the win!

Edited by ChiSoxyGirl

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:16 AM)
Actually, when my grandma was little she thought the Fighting Irish was her dad (he was from the old country).  So, yeah, some people do believe it.

And HELL YEAH! to the win!

History of Notre Dame Mascot and team

I was using the fighting irish to prove a point. I have to watch myself I remember how fanatic the Notre Dame fans are. LOL

But what I think is funny is that people automatically assume that Notre Dame = Official Irish Football Team. I am from the old country. Trust me, no one knows a thing about Notre Dame in the fields of Ireland. They played in Dublin a few years back and people were pissed that the Gaelic Football Final was moved out one week for it.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)
History of Notre Dame Mascot and team

I was using the fighting irish to prove a point.  I have to watch myself I remember how fanatic the Notre Dame fans are. LOL

But what I think is funny is that people automatically assume that Notre Dame = Official Irish Football Team.  I am from the old country.  Trust me, no one knows a thing about Notre Dame in the fields of Ireland.  They played in Dublin a few years back and people were pissed that the Gaelic Football Final was moved out one week for it.

I understand that no one in Ireland cares about Notre Dame. The reason my grandma thought it referred to her dad was because he was always picking a fight. So, that was more my point than Notre Dame is HUGE in Ireland, because well no one in Europe really cares at all about American Football (or American sports in general).

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:34 AM)
I understand that no one in Ireland cares about Notre Dame. The reason my grandma thought it referred to her dad was because he was always picking a fight. So, that was more my point than Notre Dame is HUGE in Ireland, because well no one in Europe really cares at all about American Football (or American sports in general).

I know what your point was Soxy. I was talking more about how people on the southside assume that Notre Dame is the official Irish football team. LOL

There is a ton of people that think thats what that little mick logo is all about. There was a night in Cork and Kerrys last summer in Beverly where some fat dolt who had the fighting irish logo tatooed on his leg was telling me that he was irish(no sir you are american of irish decent, and we later found out his last name was Somonski :crying ) and the fighting irish mascot and logo was named after one of his relatives, the fighting somonskis of ireland I guess, and that everyone in Ireland watches the Notre Dame games on Sunday. :huh

I am trying to turn my relatives onto baseball and of course the whitesox. But they are more interested in watching Celtic football.

QUOTE(Balance @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
1. Using "joo" in the future will hopefully avoid misunderstandings like that.

2. Let's not get too excited about beating KC again.  They're in the basement.  Act like we've been here before.

A win's a win.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 12:39 AM)

lol. this part made me laugh

“Hopefully this can provide the spark that we need,” said third baseman Joe Crede. “A lot of times a simple turn of events can change everything. When Ozzie came out of the dugout to argue, we could tell that he was fired up. It’s just so gratifying to have a manager that cares. That kind of thing rubs off on the players. In fact, just after the game a bunch of us went out and beat up a homeless guy.