X2

Cali

..cause I haven't seen it yet ;) But I will, it made $85.85 million this weekend, God Damn! Puts it in 4th place in the all time box office opening weekend figures, Spidey being number one, followed by the 2 Harry Potter movies, but I think Matrix Reloaded may top everybody, and if it doesn't suck, and/or lives up to the hype, Revolutions may top that. If the ending of Reloaded is a major cliffhanger, or something completely unexpected or crazy happens Revolutions may own for a while.

Saw it little more than an hour ago......Along the Matrix, it's the most involving, cool sci fi pic ever IMO. Also easily the top three films I've seen in the last 6 months (City of God and Russian Ark, subtitled and documentary foreign films respectively being the other two, though I liked Adaptation and Memento quite a bit too...You can certainly tell I don't easily fall into "escapist" traps or is easily influenced by meaningless box office intake, but X2 is that good).

Spider-Dork, Daredevil, Harry Potter kiddie fare and boooooring 6-hour LOTR-athon ain't got nothing on this fun flick.

And I am not even a fan of the franchise per se though I was familiar with characters via the Sat morning cartoon my nephew watched religiously. I also like the first film....But If you are a fan of the genre and the book, go. see. it. now.

This was much better for anyone who kinda knows the X-Men story it was awesome, but I brought a girl along and she didn't get it like it nor did she have a clue what was going on. I think these comic movies have all been pretty good, even though Ben Affleck sucks, and Daredevil pretty much did Spiderman was sweet, X-Men flicks are wicked, I can't wait for the Hulk, besides we all know Dolph Lundgren as the Punisher set the bar. :lol:

Well i'll share my story of how i almost saw xmen2. Went to the theatre friday with 3 friends, 2 already had tickets to 9:00 X2 and me and this other kid didn't. WE get there, 9:00 X2 is sold out. So we just say we'll buy tickets to anything else and just walk into X2 right? Well..we bought tickets to "what a girl wants" at 9:15, and when we get to the ticket ripper guy, he says out theatre isn't ready, wait to the side. So our two friends go into the theatre and save seats. Eventually we get down to our theatre, which is to the right from the ticket guy, while X2 is to the left. We walk into our theatre, no one is in there. We are like s***, how are we going to get into X2. So we go to the bathroom in hopes of finding a way across the way into X2. No dice, the security had us snuffed out, eyeing us the whole time. So we got back to what a girl wants, and my friend is like let's go see Lizzie McGuire instead, as if that would be even better. But whatever. So we walk across to the Lizzie theatre doors about 10 feet, IN A CROWD OF PEOPLE, and get in, and sit down with all these 10 year olds and their moms, etc. 2 mins later, tap on the shoulder "can i see your tickets please?" I'm like you gotta be s***ting me, how did this guy see us? So, we got kicked out of lizzie mcguire and ended up watching what a girl wants...pretty damn pathetic huh? However we got the last laugh as we snuck in the exit doors and managed our way into the theatre showing The Real Cancun, so we saw that for free. Now i'm pissed i didn't get to see X2, however i got to see What a Girl Wants and part of Lizzie McGuire. Terrible night to say the least.

I saw it in the frony row, too, by choice. I went in Banff, so there wasn't even a line(theatre 2/3 full at best) I am a huge dork so I understood the whole Dark Phoenix reference and all, I can't wait.