Pods to return Monday, August 29th vs Texas

GreatScott82

According to Comcast Sports Net- Scott Podsednick will go to Charlotte on Friday for 2 rehab games and if all goes well- he will be in the lineup vs Texas on Monday. Talk about great news!!! He couldn't come back at a more approprate time. Just in time for the final stretch run....

WooHoO!! No more Perez leading off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Podsednik heads for quick rehab

MINNEAPOLIS -- White Sox left fielder Scott Podsednik is on schedule to return from the disabled list Monday and will leave today for a brief rehab assignment at Class AAA Charlotte.

Podsednik, who has been out with a strained adductor muscle in his left leg, is expected to play only two games with Charlotte.

The speedster has not been operating under the theory that rest and relaxation is the best remedy. Podsednik went through a second consecutive day of rigorous leg-strengthening drills in the Metrodome outfield before Wednesday's game. He also had been working out at home over the weekend when the Sox were facing the New York Yankees.

''As far as my leg goes, I think we've turned the corner the last three days,'' Podsednik said. ''It's responded well to the strengthening we've been doing on the field. I'm hoping for it to just continue to get stronger the next few days, get off to Charlotte and be back to game action.''

Podsednik went through agility drills and some resistance training in which an industrial-sized rubber band was tied to his waist and he pulled strength and conditioning coach Allen Thomas. Podsednik also simulated stealing bases with Thomas acting as a pitcher.

''We did everything a game would demand, as far as agility, quick-burst stuff,'' Thomas said. ''Everything the game demands, we did it, and he did it very, very well.''

The Sox have been struggling to manufacture offense since Podsednik left the lineup after a 2-for-5 game Aug. 12 at Boston. The Sox lost seven of the first nine games they played without Podsednik.

''I saw him run, and he looks a lot better,'' manager Ozzie Guillen said. ''Hopefully when he comes back, nothing will happen again for the rest of the season.''

Podsednik did give one warning: Even though he expects to resume playing Monday, it doesn't mean the injury will be a memory.

''I don't anticipate it getting 100 percent healthy,'' he said. ''We're dealing with a stubborn muscle. We're trying to rehab it the best we can, but earlier in my career, I had some problems with it. They're not easy to overcome during a season. I'm confident enough that I can still do the job even less than 100 percent.''