Idea about how to bring Frank Back Next year

White Sox Josh

An idea like that could work, except the base salary would be more like a million dollars instead of $3.5mil.  If the Sox are going to bring him back, he will have to earn his money in 2006.

Thomas will be back next season with the Sox. There will be room since Konerko and probably Everett won't be back. No other team will want him. The Sox could give him an incentive-laden contract totaling about $5 million. He won't get anything close anywhere else.

QUOTE(Rich McKinney @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
Thomas will be back next season with the Sox. There will be room since Konerko and probably Everett won't be back. No other team will want him. The Sox could give him an incentive-laden contract totaling about $5 million. He won't get anything close anywhere else.

You have no reason to believe everett will not be back. He will still be able to fill our dh spot considering there is no one worthy to sign outside of maybe durazo ( who is a bonafide dh) He seems to be a favorite of ozzie's even though his performance has been lackluster for the most part.

I am not sure what kind of deal durazo will be getting considering he has only played in about 40 games this year. Since he is out with tommy john surgery he might be looking for a garciaparra type deal to get his value back up. He would be my ideal stop gate for the following season. Nick johnson= drools.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
You have no reason to believe everett will not be back. He will still be able to fill our dh spot considering there is no one worthy to sign outside of maybe durazo ( who is a bonafide dh) He seems to be a favorite of ozzie's even though his performance has been lackluster for the most part.

I am not sure what kind of deal durazo will be getting considering he has only played in about 40 games this year. Since he is out with tommy john surgery he might be looking for a garciaparra type deal to get his value back up. He would be my ideal stop gate for the following season. Nick johnson= drools.

Yep with Dan Johnson's emergence, and one of Durazo or Hatteberg only likely to be back, there's a good chance Durazo will be available, even though he's a Billy Beane favorite. But yes, I'd definitely be on board going after him for a 1 or 2 year deal. He had a .919 OPS in Oakland last season (Paul Konerko has a .913 OPS this season), and he had a 104/100 K/BB ratio in 2003, plus he's a lefty hitter. Seems like a good DH option for me.