Confidence

fathom

The most disturbing thing I've been seeing in the paper is that some of our players aren't confident in their ability. Just tonight, both Pods and Duque say that they don't have confidence in aspects of their game. Right now is not the time for these players to buckle under the pressure. If they can't do their job, get them the hell off the field.

If you were El Duque...would you have confidence in your game? He started the year off mainly as a pitcher just grinding it out, without a good ERA, giving up a lot of baserunners, but also winning games.

Now, he can't get through 4 innings. The runners he was working around early in the season are scoring. He clearly has lost something, and I think it's a physical loss with him...his pitches are slower than they were even when he first returned from the DL.

Podsednik...yeah, there's something wrong there, and again, I think it's injury related too.

The guys we have to worry about losing confidence are guys like Konerko, Everett, Uribe, Dye - guys who can get hot enough to carry this team, but who are now not doing the job either.