miles hitting 349

baggio202

if we dont play this guy soon we are gonna lose him...and when that happens youll see the real jimenez...260 at best..nobody will be around to push his lazy ass from below and you'll really see how much he sux..

GET MILES UP HERE NOW AND INSERT HIM AT 2b

nobody will be around to push his lazy ass from below and you'll really see how much he sux..

Similarly, when 32yo Ray Durham is barely at .265 mark at the end of the year and is finally shut down because of his ankle........See, I can read future headlines as well as you can, bags.

Meanwhile, my boy Jim-Jim was 2 for 4 yesteday and reached base two more times today, missing a home run by a few feet during one of the 'out' at bats. 910 OPS is something I will take from a leadoff, 2Bman with above average speed who is making peanuts...ANY.DAY.OF.THE.WEEK

End of line.

Similarly, when 32yo Ray Durham is barely at .265 mark at the end of the year and is finally shut down because of his ankle........See, I can read future headlines as well as you can, bags.

Meanwhile, my boy Jim-Jim was 2 for 4 yesteday and reached base two more times today, missing a home run by a few feet during one of the 'out' at bats.  910 OPS is something I will take from a leadoff, 2Bman with above average speed who is making peanuts...ANY.DAY.OF.THE.WEEK

End of line.

above average speed???..please..he would have trouble beating thomas in a foot race...do you like go to the bathroom when the sox take the field???...because if you subtracted from jimenez's ops the number of hits he gives away with his lack of range and laziness his ops would be about 600 :D

Meanwhile, my boy Jim-Jim was 2 for 4 yesteday and reached base two more times today, missing a home run by a few feet during one of the 'out' at bats.  910 OPS is something I will take from a leadoff, 2Bman with above average speed who is making peanuts...ANY.DAY.OF.THE.WEEK

End of line.

above average speed???..please..he would have trouble beating thomas in a foot race...do you like go to the bathroom when the sox take the field???...because if you subtracted from jimenez's ops the number of hits he gives away with his lack of range and laziness his ops would be about 600 :D

We've been over this many times...

I am totally serious about the speed thing; Jimenez has Magglio-type speed. I watch at least a fourth of all the games and tape the rest, I prefer the actual game-play to judge whether he is fast or not as opposed to warmup/taking the field part or whatever....Did you see his CS? He was clearly safe on one of them and barely out on the other. That would have given him 4 steals in 5 attempts....

Foot race with Thomas to determine who is faster? Now it's getting surreally ridiculous. Are you drinking again? :)

His range? Perfectly mediocre even if, I agree, he doesn't really hustle (if he did his range would be above-average). Same as Ray Durham who couldn't/can't get to ANYTHING, especially in the clutch and has a girlie arm. So, yeah, keep looking for things that aren't there. Hurting the Sox with his glove? Are you effin' kidding me?! 3 errors, boo--hoo, crying me a f***ing river.........Give him at least a year to adjust to a new position. Geez.

I tell you, if this guy leads the league in hitting, you will still find something to harp on. He isn't a Gold Glover? So what, neither are 27 other starting second basemen in the majors. Not everyone is Robbie Alomar or Loius Rivas.

End of line.

We'ver been over this many times...

I am totally serious about the speed thing; Jimenez has Magglio-type speed. I watch at least a fourth of all the games and tape the rest, I prefer to actual game-play to judge whether he is fast or not as opposed to warmup/taking the field part or whatever....Did you see his CS? He was clearly safe on one of them and barely out on the other. That would have given him 4 steals in 5 attempts....

Foot race with Thomas to determine who is faster? Now it's getting surreally ridiculous. Are you drinking again? :)

His range? Perfectly mediocre even if, I agree, he doesn't really hustle (if he did his range would be above-average). Same as Ray Durham who couldn't/can't get to ANYTHING, especially in the clutch and has a girlie arm. So, yeah, keep looking for things that aren't there. Hurting the Sox with his glove? Are you effin' kidding me?! 3 errors, boo--hoo, crying me a f***ing river.........Give him at least a year to adjust to a new position. Geez.

I tell you, if this guy leads the league in hitting, you will still find something to harp on. He isn't a Gold Glover? So what, neither are 27 other starting second basemen in the majors. Not everyone is Robbie Alomar or Loius Rivas.

dont insult durham by comparing him to that loser jimenez..durham has heart..durham had his faults too but his heart and effort overcame them...lack of range for durham??..nobody 2nd baseman in baseball was better at going after pop ups / texas leaguers...which is the worst part of jimenez's game...durham had excellent range to his left...going to his right he struggled some...girly arm...durham , on all scouting reports has a plus arm for a 2nd baseman..dont know which durham you were watching

durham steals bases , jmenez doesnt

durham bunts , jimenez doesnt

durham 22 walks , jimenez 20

durham obp 425 , jimenez 400

durham 80assists , 2 errors 20 dp's

jimenez 77 assists , 3 errors 14 dp's

talk about jimenez all you want..durham's had a better start

if we dont play this guy soon we are gonna lose him...and when that happens youll see the real jimenez...260 at best..nobody will be around to push his lazy ass from below and you'll really see how much he sux..

All I'm going to say is if this season keeps up the way it is, we'll be moving Jose Valentin and playing Miles and Jimenez in the infield giving them each the opportunity.

All I'm going to say is if this season keeps up the way it is, we'll be moving Jose Valentin and playing Miles and Jimenez in the infield giving them each the opportunity.

asctually if it keeps up on its current trend youll be moving jimenez to 3rd and crede???...who knows

End of line.

We'ver been over this many times...

I am totally serious about the speed thing; Jimenez has Magglio-type speed. I watch at least a fourth of all the games and tape the rest, I prefer to actual game-play to judge whether he is fast or not as opposed to warmup/taking the field part or whatever....Did you see his CS? He was clearly safe on one of them and barely out on the other. That would have given him 4 steals in 5 attempts....

dont insult durham by comparing him to that loser jimenez..durham has heart..durham had his faults too but his heart and effort overcame them...lack of range for durham??..nobody 2nd baseman in baseball was better at going after pop ups / texas leaguers...which is the worst part of jimenez's game...durham had excellent range to his left...going to his right he struggled some...girly arm...durham , on all scouting reports has a plus arm for a 2nd baseman..dont know which durham you were watching

durham steals bases , jmenez doesnt

durham bunts , jimenez doesnt

durham 22 walks , jimenez 20

durham obp 425 , jimenez 400

durham 80assists , 2 errors 20 dp's

jimenez 77 assists , 3 errors 14 dp's

talk about jimenez all you want..durham's had a better start

Arguing who's better is kind of pointless because it's not like we chose to acquire Jimenez instead of Durham...we got rid of Durham for a reason.

Oh, and Durham out 3-4 weeks, Jimenez out no weeks :lol:

If the Sox don't bring up Miles this year, or at least promote him to the 40 man roster, then he will be a free agent, and I guarantee you some team will give him a chance. If one of Miles' teammates had his numbers, he would be moved up so fast it would make your head swim.

.349 avg, and what, a .355 OBP?

Miles' numbers remind me a lot of Mike Caruso's.

Caruso in 1998 = .306 avg, .331 OBP (523 AB's, 14 walks) = what we thought was a pretty good year considering he was a rookie

Caruso in 1999 = .250 avg, .280 OBP (529 AB's, 20 walks) = bye bye

See what happens to guys who don't walk when their average slips? They end up out of the majors.

I think his OBP is .384, he hustles his ass off and I haven't heard about him getting stoned before the games so I think that comparaison is not fitting.

Minor league stats are most likely going to drop when making the switch to major league pitching.

So, his .349 will translate to around .300 (and it sounds like he's on a hot streak at the moment, so once he cools off probably .270 or so), and his OBP will drop from .384 to around .320.

.320 OBP? Not in the majors -- unless he can have Jose Valentin power, which I don't think he does.

I hope he likes Charlotte, because he's going to be there for a while, especially if we've got a guy with a .300 avg and a .400 OBP (vs. MAJOR league pitching, not some minor league scrubs) already playing 2B.

Minor league stats are most likely going to drop when making the switch to major league pitching. 

So, his .349 will translate to around .300 (and it sounds like he's on a hot streak at the moment, so once he cools off probably .270 or so), and his OBP will drop from .384 to around .320. 

.320 OBP?  Not in the majors -- unless he can have Jose Valentin power, which I don't think he does.

I hope he likes Charlotte, because he's going to be there for a while, especially if we've got a guy with a .300 avg and a .400 OBP (vs. MAJOR league pitching, not some minor league scrubs) already playing 2B.

Jiminez has never gone .300, and .400 in his life at any level, ever so let's be cognisant of that. I don't care much either way but I haven't any reason to trash Miles.

Jiminez has never gone .300, and .400 in his life at any level, ever so let's be cognisant of that.  I don't care much either way but I haven't any reason to trash Miles.

In 1999 at AAA Columbus, he hit .327 with an OBP of .392.

In over a 1/3 of a season (59 games) so far with the Sox since we traded for him, he's hitting .294 with a .390 OBP.

So while I'm "cognisant" of the fact that he's never done it for a full season in the majors (he's done it for a season in the minors, as I said -- just .08 short in the OBP category), he's definitely got more potential to do so than Aaron Miles.

And "as bad" as he was with the Padres, his career avg is .270 and his career OBP is .351. That's not too shabby for a guy that many of you seem to hate.

asctually if it keeps up on its current trend youll be moving jimenez to 3rd and crede???...who knows

I will not forgive the Sox if they do anything with Crede. I've seen enough to know this guy is going to be a stud. Quick hands, great defense, power to all parts of the field, but he's lacking a more disciplined strike zone. That being said he never has had high K numbers in the minors and I believe he'll get better every year in the K/BB category.

.320 OBP?  Not in the majors -- unless he can have Jose Valentin power, which I don't think he does.

If he can hit .270 then I do think he could develop more patience, plus all the little things he does, that earns himself a spot.

I want to give Miles a shot once the Sox are out of it. Its just right now Jose and Jimenez aren't going anywhere so he has no holes. If we are losing, Jose will be gone (He's got a fat contract and he's definately got value).

In over a 1/3 of a season (59 games) so far with the Sox since we traded for him, he's hitting .294 with a .390 OBP. 

So while I'm "cognisant" of the fact that he's never done it for a full season in the majors (he's done it for a season in the minors, as I said -- just .08 short in the OBP category), he's definitely got more potential to do so than Aaron Miles.

And "as bad" as he was with the Padres, his career avg is .270 and his career OBP is .351.  That's not too shabby for a guy that many of you seem to hate.

Absolutely right. Give the D some time to adjust to his first full season healthy in years. I watched him for almost 3 season here in SD to know the type of potential he has. Those "lazy" statements made by Klesko and Nevin were BS. :nono

And "as bad" as he was with the Padres, his career avg is .270 and his career OBP is .351.  That's not too shabby for a guy that many of you seem to hate.

Absolutely right. Give the D some time to adjust to his first full season healthy in years. I watched him for almost 3 season here in SD to know the type of potential he has. Those "lazy" statements made by Klesko and Nevin were BS. :nono

Finally someone else that has watched some Padres games. There was no real issue there with him being lazy. The only issue was D'Angelo never knowing where he was going to be played and kind of getting pushed around. He could of handled it better, but from hearing Padre great Randy Jones talk about him he was a hard worker who played his butt off. He may not be everyones friend, neither is Bonds, but that doesn't mean Bonds is lazy. Some players make things look easy and they get the lazy rap to them. I don't think DJ is lazy. No one could come back from his injury to play baseball at this level if he was "Lazy".

Oh ya In San Diego he showed them a whole lot of potential. I know tons of people around the organization loved him, from hearing them talk about him on the air, etc.

Finally someone else that has watched some Padres games.  There was no real issue there with him being lazy.  The only issue was D'Angelo never knowing where he was going to be played and kind of getting pushed around.  He could of handled it better, but from hearing Padre great Randy Jones talk about him he was a hard worker who played his butt off.  He may not be everyones friend, neither is Bonds, but that doesn't mean Bonds is lazy.  Some players make things look easy and they get the lazy rap to them.  I don't think DJ is lazy.  No one could come back from his injury to play baseball at this level if he was "Lazy". 

Oh ya In San Diego he showed them a whole lot of potential.  I know tons of people around the organization loved him, from hearing them talk about him on the air, etc.

You're absolutely right about that. Lee Hacksaw Hamilton, who is a radio guru out here in SoCal for years, raved about Jimenez and kept telling the Pads to "not give up on this kid just because he's had some tough-luck injuries..."

My NL team is the Pads, so when that trade was made (being how Jimenez was my favorite player here outside of Nevin) I was ecstatic even though it meant nothing for last year because we were pretty much out of it at that point.

Jimenez is NOT Harris. Let him develop at an AL level and he'll be better then Durham was in a year or two.

End of line.

Is that why he couldn't get Ichiro's roller that let a run score yesterday? I liked what I saw from Aaron Miles, he reminded me a lot of David Eckstein, at least the intensity in which he plays at.

I think it's time to sit Crede for a couple of games, let Graffanino start at 3B.

CWSOX45

Finally someone else that has watched some Padres games.  There was no real issue there with him being lazy.  The only issue was D'Angelo never knowing where he was going to be played and kind of getting pushed around.  He could of handled it better, but from hearing Padre great Randy Jones talk about him he was a hard worker who played his butt off.  He may not be everyones friend, neither is Bonds, but that doesn't mean Bonds is lazy.  Some players make things look easy and they get the lazy rap to them.  I don't think DJ is lazy.  No one could come back from his injury to play baseball at this level if he was "Lazy". 

Oh ya In San Diego he showed them a whole lot of potential.  I know tons of people around the organization loved him, from hearing them talk about him on the air, etc.

Jason, I really like that Ramon Vazquez kid in San Diego. I'm not too high on Kotsay, hes definately better than what we have now, but with Borchard in AAA, I'm not sure if we should acquire him.

Jason, I really like that Ramon Vazquez kid in San Diego. I'm not too high on Kotsay, hes definately better than what we have now, but with Borchard in AAA, I'm not sure if we should acquire him.

A guy I like is from Montreal named Endy Chavez, he's a center fielder. He has good range and can flat out hit. I'd love to see him in a Sox uniform.

CWSOX45