Sox farm system

bigredrudy

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)
I'm going to just say one short thing in here.  Sox are a top 8 organization, imo.  Problem is a lot of it is at lower levels and they may not receieve that grade for another year.  However, they got a lot on the horizon.

Not at lower levels, Kanny is not real talented, and the two below are less talented. Talent at upper half, sure not AAA, but heavy in AA and High A.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
Not wrong at all...  I'd love to see it come to fruition as well.  However, can we sacrifice winning with the current rotation we have now?  If we're borderline competitive with the current offense and can make us a legit World Series threat by trading someone, I would welcome that as well...

You don't have a rotation like we do right now very often in my experience...  the window is small...

I really like our Core on our rotation and I think they last another 3 years or so with Freddy, Mark, Jon, BMAC. Maybe we can keep inserting FA's or someone will step up.

But lets say that Anderson, Young, Sweeney, Owens are all successful at the major league level. Then we have half an extremely young team, and that makes me excited. I really enjoy watching teams that develop their own talent, in any sport. And the speed and defense of these guys should make anyone excited.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
Is it really out of the question that one of our younger pitchers may step up in ST next year and make the team?

Tracey, Haigwood, or Munoz are probably the only 3... Malone and Honel? I don't think they trust either of those guys yet...

I don't think any of those guys make the team. Might be a bullpen spot or 2 up for grabs, though. Where would they pitch? Buehrle, Jose, Garcia, Garland, BMac... would have to trade someone for there to be a real opening.

Carolina League

1. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, c, Myrtle Beach

2. Nick Markakis, of, Frederick

3. Anibal Sanchez, rhp, Wilmington

4. Adam Miller, rhp, Kinston

5. Gio Gonzalez, lhp, Winston-Salem

6. Jeremy Sowers, lhp, Kinston

7. Armando Galarraga, rhp, Potomac

8. Jeff Fiorentino, of, Frederick

9. Lance Broadway, rhp, Winston-Salem

10. Adam Loewen, lhp, Frederick

11. Robert Valido, ss, Winston-Salem

12. Tony Sipp, lhp, Kinston

13. Ray Liotta, lhp, Winston-Salem

14. J.J. Johnson, rhp, Frederick

15. Kory Casto, 3b, Potomac

16. Brad Snyder, of, Kinston

17. Frank Diaz, of, Potomac

18. Hunter Pence, of, Salem

19. Stephen Head, 1b, Kinston

20. Josh Burrus, of, Myrtle Beach

QUOTE(farmteam @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 03:51 AM)
High A is considered lower level.  AA is middle to upper, and AAA is upper.  At least that's how I've always interpreted it.

Depends on how you look at it. The Sox have six Minor League affiliates. The top 3 are AAA, AA and High A. Pretty easy to look at that as upper if you simply split the six teams in half.