Quiz Bowl

farmteam

I love it when coaches freak. I was an official for high school games, oh, about a thousand years ago; I made a call a coach didn't like and he rushed me after the match, screaming like a banshee about a "screw job! screw job!" I mean, he was so mad, I thought his rug was going to levitate off his head.

He didn't even calm down after I pointed out that his team had lost by 300+ points.

I played in High School and I play collegiately now for the University of Chicago. We won the Div II (novice player) national titles in both ACF and NAQT last year.

There are a lot of Sox fans in the college game. Most of the Chicago players are, as are the UIUC guys. Those are two of the game's powerhouses.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Sep 30, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
I played in High School and I play collegiately now for the University of Chicago. We won the Div II (novice player) national titles in both ACF and NAQT last year.

There are a lot of Sox fans in the college game. Most of the Chicago players are, as are the UIUC guys. Those are two of the game's powerhouses.

I read at some NAQT tourneys, so we might get a chance to meet sometime. I'll PM you if it's likely.

I played in high school. Made it to the regional individual finals... and got destroyed. All the questions were about math and science - like I know about that.

My favorite moment: I'm down 100 points with 5 10 point questions left.

The Question: "What part of anatomy (or something like that) connects the head and brain to the spinal cord?"

*crickets* nobody knew.

I ring in.

"The Neck?"

laughter.

"No. It's the Medulla Oblongata."

Quiz Bowl coach (in my ear): "Rex Kickass, why don't you put your buzzer down for the rest of the match."