Three dimes

YASNY

A little background information to start this off. About 10 days ago I received one of those hokey emails that everyone gets from time to time. This one was about a wealthy man the found a penny and relished in the moment. When asked about it, he refered to the "In God We Trust" reminder it gave him. As I said, hokey.

As some of you might know, I work the midnight shift, which explains why I'm posting on Soxtalk at all hours of the night and have been refered to as a "vampire". Well, after the Angels won the first game of the series, I went to work but was a bit distressed about the Sox loss. At some point in the night, I walked out to the parking lot to get some fresh air and help me wake up a bit. While walking around, I looked down and saw a dime laying on the pavement. I picked it up and put it into my pocket. Just about the time I pulled my hand out of my pocket, I remembered that email. I said, "Ok. It's on you." as I glanced up.

Well, we all know what happened in game 2 with the AJ, Ozuna, Crede sequence of events. I thought about the dime and smiled. Later that night, I went to a Subway to get a sandwich. So I'm standing there waiting while they put my sub together and I glance down and there between my feet is another dime. I picked it, said to myself "In God We Trust" and put it into my pocket. Of course, the Sox won game three.

Saturday, I was sweeping a bathroom floor. In that bathroom, I have a fairly large linen closet. I open the bifold doors to sweep the floor of that closet and in the back corner of that closet, what do I see? Another dime, of course. Again, I put in my pocket and acknowleded "the coincidence". Another dime found followed by another Sox victory.

Sunday. I didn't find a dime. Was somewhat concerned by game time, as I had been looking, hoping that I'd find one. Just before game time, it dawned on me. If God had been behind this coincidence of finding dimes followed by Sox victories, how many reminders from Him did I expect? So, I sat down and watched the Sox play again. No dime, but I was confident that things would go the Sox way.

Take this story how you want to. It doesn't matter to me. I'm just hoping that between now and Saturday, I look down at some point and find another dime.

During the Cards / Astros game Saturday, they told a story about Roger Clemens' mother. On the day she died she said Shoeless Joe Jackson's name three times. Apparently she was a baseball fanatic and the same day predicted Clemens and the Astros would win that days game 10-2. They did. This story may not mean a thing either, but we are one step closer.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)
A little background information to start this off.  About 10 days ago I received one of those hokey emails that everyone gets from time to time.  This one was about a wealthy man the found a penny and relished in the moment.  When asked about it, he refered to the "In God We Trust" reminder it gave him.  As I said, hokey.

As some of you might know, I work the midnight shift, which explains why I'm posting on Soxtalk at all hours of the night and have been refered to as a "vampire".  Well, after the Angels won the first game of the series, I went to work but was a bit distressed about the Sox loss.  At some point in the night, I walked out to the parking lot to get some fresh air and help me wake up a bit.  While walking around, I looked down and saw a dime laying on the pavement.  I picked it up and put it into my pocket.  Just about the time I pulled my hand out of my pocket, I remembered that email.  I said, "Ok.  It's on you."  as I glanced up.

Well, we all know what happened in game 2 with the AJ, Ozuna, Crede sequence of events.  I thought about the dime and smiled.  Later that night, I went to a Subway to get a sandwich.  So I'm standing there waiting while they put my sub together and I glance down and there between my feet is another dime.  I picked it, said to myself "In God We Trust" and put it into my pocket.  Of course, the Sox won game three.

Saturday, I was sweeping a bathroom floor.  In that bathroom, I have a fairly large linen closet.  I open the bifold doors to sweep the floor of that closet and in the back corner of that closet, what do I see?  Another dime, of course.  Again, I put in my pocket and acknowleded "the coincidence".  Another dime found followed by another Sox victory.

Sunday.  I didn't find a dime.  Was somewhat concerned by game time, as I had been looking, hoping that I'd find one. Just before game time, it dawned on me.  If God had been behind this coincidence of finding dimes followed by Sox victories, how many reminders from Him did I expect?  So, I sat down and watched the Sox play again.  No dime, but I was confident that things would go the Sox way. 

Take this story how you want to.  It doesn't matter to me.  I'm just hoping that between now and Saturday, I look down at some point and find another dime.

I like what you used as a quote at the bottom.

I really like Gerald Early.