Our Fan Base Rocks!!

joeynach

I have spent the last 12 hours reading and watching everything sox in the media i could find. I dont live in Chicago while im at school so I didn't get local tv. This morning I watched all the webcasts of newsclips of celebrration, postgame news, analysis, etc etc I could find on the web. ABC, NBC, WGN... you name it. I noticed one thing. Our fan base kick ass. We are the most diverse and hard core chicagoan fan base ever. When i saw the newsclips from south side bars, midway airport, anaheim stadium, whatever; all i see is sox fans no matter what gender, age, or race all happy as one big family. That is truely something to be proud of, we are the epidemy of Chicago, hard working bunch of people who come together. It also made me kinda sad for the cubs fans. I remember in 2003 when they were the hot team, everyone was the same. You had 20-30 white collar prepy trendy yuppies and the rich white collar suburban families and that was basically it. You didn't have a lot of minorities, a lot of various classes, a lot of various ages. I am truely blessed to be a sox fan and live among some of the best fans and people in the world.

GO SOX!!!

QUOTE(hi8is @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 03:14 PM)
did you happen to see a guy in the angel stadium with his face painted and a sox hat on?

just wondering if they showed me on tv =D

were you the one with stripes down your face? If so I was standing near you behind the dugout celebration! Wish I would've known - how fun was that??