Ovechkin vs. Crosby

kapkomet

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 04:08 AM)
Kap -- did you see the game?

Did anyone see the game?  I was at a basketball tourney...

Yea, I watched most of it. These two kids are something special. They really are. If you give Ovechkin a sliver of open ice, he's gone. He made plenty of defensemen look pretty damn stupid last night. There was one play where he literally passed it to himself almost behind his back, and still managed to get a shot off.

Crosby matched him. Crosby can't skate as fast, but he's got just as good of stick handling ability - and Crosby has, I would say, a better overall ice presence.

These two are very, very good. The game was better then advertised.

QUOTE(jenksd @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 09:13 AM)
Just watching the highlights of this game made me wish I was a hockey fan.

jenks. jump on board, brother. now is the time. come see some good games at the UC!

anyway. I would take Ovechkin over Crosby. Sidney was hyped because he was the next Great One (Canadian) However, Ovechkin is a Russian God, bent on nothing but goaltender destruction.

He's pretty damn good. TO THINK THE HAWKS MISSED OUT ON EITHER OF THESE GUYS BY ONE f***ING PICK!!!

2005 Draft Order

1. Pens 2. Caps 3. Hawks

So unfortunate.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
jenks. jump on board, brother.  now is the time.  come see some good games at the UC!

anyway.  I would take Ovechkin over Crosby.  Sidney was hyped because he was the next Great One (Canadian)  However, Ovechkin is a Russian God, bent on nothing but goaltender destruction.

He's pretty damn good.  TO THINK THE HAWKS MISSED OUT ON EITHER OF THESE GUYS BY ONE f***ING PICK!!!

2005 Draft Order

1. Pens  2. Caps  3. Hawks 

So unfortunate.

Ovechkin went first in 2004, and Chicago picked 7th in 2005.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
I'll take Ovechkin over Crosby. They are fun to watch and so is the new NHL!!!!

I hate the new NHL. They f***ed up the game with a penalty every 30 seconds. There is no more flow, and no more hitting. If you are a true die haed NHL fan, you would agree with me that it is a lot more boring to watch.

I dont care about how many goals are scored. I would rather see a hard fought 1-1 tie, or 1-0 win rather than a 9-1 beatdown.

the two line pass is the only rule i felt that they needed to change, othere than that, the NHL was fine.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
Ovechkin went first in 2004, and Chicago picked 7th in 2005.

Yeah it went Ovechkin - Malkin - Barker in 2004, and Crosby - Ryan and Johnson I think in 2005.

Wait for Malkin though, him and Crosby are going to be the next big duo in the NHL, although they're both centers so they may not be on the same line.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
Kessler coming out next year... :drool

In my NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2005 game, I was Atlanta and I got 2 1st picks in a row for 05 and 06, so I drafted Crosby and Phil Kessler. So I had 2 lines of this;

Kovalchuk - Crosby - Heatley

Palffy (who I signed) - Savard - Kessler

Tell me that ain't good. :D

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 25, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
In my NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2005 game, I was Atlanta and I got 2 1st picks in a row for 05 and 06, so I drafted Crosby and Phil Kessler. So I had 2 lines of this;

Kovalchuk - Crosby - Heatley

Palffy (who I signed) - Savard - Kessler

Tell me that ain't good.  :D

Cheater... :P

Dave Bolland is dominating his league right now. I think he's playing somewhere in Canada, but he's getting like three points per game in his league. Barker and Bolland have be extremely excited for the future... Anton Babchuk, not so much...

QUOTE(TimoandAaron @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)
I hate the new NHL.  They f***ed up the game with a penalty every 30 seconds.  There is no more flow, and no more hitting.  If you are a true die haed NHL fan, you would agree with me that it is a lot more boring to watch. 

I dont care about how many goals are scored.  I would rather see a hard fought 1-1 tie, or 1-0 win rather than a 9-1 beatdown. 

the two line pass is the only rule i felt that they needed to change, othere than that, the NHL was fine.

The PM have calm down a lot since the start. I do miss the hitting but that is starting to pick up also. The speed is great though and stickhandling. I am not a Hawks fan,I am a Rangers Fan! They are a lot more fun to watch!