Gary Matthews Jr.

CWSOX45

If you ask me Matthews would do a lot better hitting in the Sox line-up than with Baltimore. I don't want to see Armando Rios ever again out in centerfield.....yesterday was horrendous.

So Rios sucks.

The answer is not a weak hitting guy who by what standard will hit better with us than with the team that cut him? Being in the Sos roster willadd what, 100 points to his batting average?

I'd rather have Rowand out there. He has a future and if you ask me, when his injury is totally healed, he'll be hitting a whole lot better in our line up.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1

well will someone tell me please why did baltimore let him loose when they need him to replace someone on the dl??? from what i gather they called up a minor leaguer to take hairstons place... HOW THE f*** COME???? obviously there is something worng with matthews other than his s***ty b.a. does anyone know?????? :huh:

Was waived by the Orioles today for some reason.....what do you guys think if the Sox had the chance to get him?

Kenny are you listening?

CWSOX45

He is horrid f*** no.

Here is the way I see it...... He is better than any CF on our current roster.

Sarge is better defensively than any CF and is as quick as any of em either.

I'd rather have an ACE in CF defensively than Armando or Willie or Aaron. which have provided almost nada.

oh wadda you know.. your hookin left anyhow......... :o

I'm gonna ignore that one.......ms manager of a nationwide chain of stores!

I'd rather have Rowand out there....when his injury is totally healed, he'll be hitting a whole lot better in our line up.

cw.....when do we figure Rowand will be totally healed from his injury? A month from now? 2 months? A year? Never?

That is a question too large to answer. I say we bring in Matthews..send down Harris...and if Matthews blows in CF, and Rowand is ripping the cover off the ball in AAA....Matthews is out of here.

I'd rather have Rowand out there....when his injury is totally healed, he'll be hitting a whole lot better in our line up.

cw.....when do we figure Rowand will be totally healed from his injury? A month from now? 2 months? A year? Never?

That is a question too large to answer. I say we bring in Matthews..send down Harris...and if Matthews blows in CF, and Rowand is ripping the cover off the ball in AAA....Matthews is out of here.

my sentiments exactly VINCE!!!!!

If you ask me Matthews would do a lot better hitting in the Sox line-up than with Baltimore. I don't want to see Armando Rios ever again out in centerfield.....yesterday was horrendous.

So Rios sucks.

The answer is not a weak hitting guy who by what standard will hit better with us than with the team that cut him? Being in the Sos roster willadd what, 100 points to his batting average?

I'd rather have Rowand out there. He has a future and if you ask me, when his injury is totally healed, he'll be hitting a whole lot better in our line up.

Team has NO CF on roster and that includes AR in minors, Need to look elsewhere, people are argueing about s*** Cf that ALL suck ..LOOK outside the box.

Guest hotsoxchick1

nah.. cant be.. thats a very basic angle.... now if he said he could f*** around corners with his left pointed penis then i would say that was incredible.........lol ;)

nah.. cant be.. thats a very basic angle.... now if he said he could f*** around corners with his left pointed penis then i would say that was incredible.........lol ;)

I'd agree. If I could f*** around corners....even at my young age....I wouldn't be talking to you guys. I'd be filming myself f***ing around corners. :headbang :headbang :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1
I'd agree.  If I could f*** around corners....even at my young age....I wouldn't be talking to you guys.  I'd be filming myself f***ing around corners. :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

ahh a star is born....... :rolleyes:

Now pray please tell me why we would rather get Sarge instead of Kenny Lofton

Look at their #s....KL has a 20 game hitting streak, more steals, better average, better D and is also a left handed bat who can lead off (something we cannot do right now)

Guest hotsoxchick1

Look at their #s....KL has a 20 game hitting streak, more steals, better average, better D and is also a left handed bat who can lead off (something we cannot do right now)

i dont want either of them.. theyre both useless............i say we stick with what we have ............bring up rowand.........

Because Lofton is an asshat in CF who f***ed any chance we had last year to win anything at all by just giving up in June and not taking BP....he took a difference stance then most teammates in the meetings last year....and I don't think anyone wants to go down that road again.

If that f***ing douchebag gets anywhere near The Cell next year, I'm gonna strangle someone.

Guest hotsoxchick1

Because Lofton is an asshat in CF who f***ed any chance we had last year to win anything at all by just giving up in June and not taking BP....he took a difference stance then most teammates in the meetings last year....and I don't think anyone wants to go down that road again.

If that f***ing douchebag gets anywhere near The Cell next year, I'm gonna strangle someone.

well i guess that summs it up in a nut shell..........i couldnt have said it any better myself lol.........wsf you rock........now do me a small favor please.. find a different pic of the m boy for your aviator.. each time i see it at first glance it looks like hes picking his nose lol.......

Was waived by the Orioles today for some reason.....what do you guys think if the Sox had the chance to get him?

Kenny are you listening?

CWSOX45

That would be a sweet signing. KW, quick quick sign him. He'd be a huge improvement over what we got.

yep

see HSC's question - and look at his average - sorry, I see no use for him whatsoever, kind of like Baltimore has

But look at what he did last season Vince. If I recall he really hit the ball last year. Also, despite a very low avg he has a .325 obp which tells you if he hits .260 he'd have a .340-.350 obp from a bottom of the lineup hitter. He's a great bunter and has unbelievable range in center. He has more range then the two of our centerfielders combined.

Guest hotsoxchick1

now someone please answer the damn question.. what the hell is wrong with him that they would call a minor leaguer up to take his spot replacing hairston on the dl??????doesnt this bother anyone but me?????? geez us.......... :angry:

I would wonder, but I'm assuming it is because Melvin Mora doesn't want to play second base and the second baseman they called up is pretty highly thought of or at least thats what the Angel announcers were saying.

I just think they were doing this so Matthews could try to start somewhere else.

unimpressive stats

I look at his stats and he is a weak hitter, the kind that if are all on team we bash but if on another team we think they are God's gift - if he hit 260? He has done that only once. The rest of his years he has hit well under. Why would he suddenly blossum by coming to us?

If he had his 2003 stats as a Sox player, the threads saying he should be dumped would be numerous.