Iran offers to fund Hamas

southsider2k5

-Hamas is chartered to the destruction of Israel.

-Iran is offering to fund the Palestian government as the West refuses to fund it, until Hamas agrees to recognize Israels right to exsist, and ends violence against them.

-Iran is actively pursueing the enrichment of uranium in the open, and in secret trying to get ahold of the materials and knowledge to make a nuclear weapon.

-Iran's President believes that the final prophet is immently about to arrive, and that it is his duty to do whatever it takes to ready for his arrival.

I don't see a reason to be scared, do you?

http://www.cbc.ca/storyview/MSN/world/nati...amas060222.html

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)
-Hamas is chartered to the destruction of Israel.

-Iran is offering to fund the Palestian government as the West refuses to fund it, until Hamas agrees to recognize Israels right to exsist, and ends violence against them.

-Iran is actively pursueing the enrichment of uranium in the open, and in secret trying to get ahold of the materials and knowledge to make a nuclear weapon.

-Iran's President believes that the final prophet is immently about to arrive, and that it is his duty to do whatever it takes to ready for his arrival.

I don't see a reason to be scared, do you?

http://www.cbc.ca/storyview/MSN/world/nati...amas060222.html

I said it after the Hamas election victory. The combination of that event and Iran's continued aggresion could be (and I think probably will be) enough to destroy what little stability is left in the Middle East. I really do think things will get very ugly sometime in the next year or so.

CAVEAT:

I do also think that Hamas MIGHT make things better. If they go the Sinn Fein route (and if they can actually used money wisely with its people), the fact that Hamas was elected could turn out to be a positive for the region, even leading to a lasting peace of sorts. I guess I'm saying the possibilities are in the extremes right now.

Edited by NorthSideSox72