Our boys in the WBC

Spiegle

sorry if its already been posted (if its somewhere i didnt look feel free to delete), didnt see it anywhere so i thought i'd bring it up in case anyone isnt following our boys in the tourny. And maybe if they stick around in the tourny there should be a thread devoted to the boys not in Arizona.

Vazquez pitches nicely against the stacked DR team

5 IP, 1 ER, 5 SO, 0 BB

that now gives him

8 IP, 2 ER, 7 SO, 2 BB for the tourny (vs panama and DR)

Garcia is slated to pitch against the DR tomorrow (March 14th, 6:00pm central time), but had a solid outing in the first round vs Italy

3.1 IP, 0ER, 7 SO, 1 BB ( I think that outing has been discussed earlier)

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 08:36 AM)
Alex Cintron had been playing very nicley for PR also.  Vazquez was down right nasty vs DOM.

Wow, I totally forgot about him

anyways,

in 20 AB

.300 BA / .300 OBP 1 HR 4 RBI

not bad at all, PR is also playing tomorrow (the 15th), no idea if he is schedualed to play...

Garcia looks solid tonight!

I dont know who it was, but one of the announcers was complimenting Garcia, saying that his whole mound presence is different after the white sox post season... he was less "figity", much more solid out there on the mound, and throwing many more strikes... even in pressure situations.

Right now he is at

2 IP, 1 ER, 2 SO, 1 BB (I believe it was intentional)

I'd have to say, if anyone in this tourny would be able to feed off his team winning the WBC and have it have a positive effect on his season, it would be Garcia... his problem in the past seemed to always be intensity, maybe playing some meaningful pressure games here early in the year will have quite the positive effect of Freddy.

Edited by Spiegle

Freddy gets through the 4th with a 1,2,3 inning

One more K, two ground balls

still 1-0 Domincans

Freddy's Final Line

4 IP, 1 ER, 4 SO, 1 BB (intentional)

nothing was really hit hard off him all night, even the ER was on a slow ground ball up the third base line I believe. Very solid outing, and against a team that is better offensively than anyone he'll be facing in the mlb.

Edited by Spiegle