Driving directions for an out-of-towner

Iwritecode

Normally I just take 90/94 directly from Rockford right to the park. This year I might have to change that with the back-ups expected from the large crowds and construction.

Looking at the driving directions on the Sox website it says to take the Roosevelt exit and head east to State. Then take that south to 31st and go back west again.

Does that make more sense than heading west on Roosevelt and going south on Halsted or Ashland? What would be the better choice?

Coming from the north you should be fine. Your right to just get off at roosevelt and take ashland on down to 31st or 35th and then head east. If it turns out 90/94 is packed coming through the city you might want to consider 294 south to 55 east and then coming in the same way using ashland south to 31st or 35th east to get to the park.

The constuction sucks for people like me coming from the south burbs or NW indiana. We are probably going to have to take stoney island to lsd and come across west on 31st, thats my plan.

Don't take it down to State or Hallstead. Take it to Canal and take Canal all the way down until you have to turn. Turn left there, quick right on Canal again and you are there. There is also a place there that will let you park for $10 and it is only a couple of minute walk to the stadium.

Don't take it down to State or Hallstead.  Take it to Canal and take Canal all the way down until you have to turn.  Turn left there, quick right on Canal again and you are there.  There is also a place there that will let you park for $10 and it is only a couple of minute walk to the stadium.

Halsted and Ashland will both be packed. Good call on Canal St.

The parking you're referring to is my dad's former place of employment, Amelio Meat Packing, immediately south of the 24 hr. pork chop sandwich stand and right across from Henry's Bait Shop. Right off the corner of 31st and Canal.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 08:51 AM)
walk out of your house and start walking, you'll get there faster.

That'd be quit a trek. It usually only gets bad once I get into the city limits. In the past I've debated about just parking somewhere farther north and then taking the train but I've already paid for parking passes now.

I guess part of it will also depend on how early I get there. I'm hoping for at least 2 hours before the game.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:10 AM)
Halsted and Ashland will both be packed.  Good call on Canal St. 

The parking you're referring to is my dad's former place of employment, Amelio Meat Packing, immediately south of the 24 hr. pork chop sandwich stand and right across from Henry's Bait Shop.  Right off the corner of 31st and Canal.

Exactly. Those guys are really nice over there. We got to know them a little so they let us park there for the World Series. We were pretty much the only car there. Even got to tailgate there, it was perfect.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 12:58 PM)
Normally I just take 90/94 directly from Rockford right to the park. This year I might have to change that with the back-ups expected from the large crowds and construction.

Looking at the driving directions on the Sox website it says to take the Roosevelt exit and head east to State. Then take that south to 31st and go back west again.

Does that make more sense than heading west on Roosevelt and going south on Halsted or Ashland? What would be the better choice?

It might make the most sense to switch to 290 at 53.

I'm gonna take 290 to Ashland south to Pershing. (I always park on the South Side of the Park.) That's supposed to be the only place you can park without a parking pass, though I don't know if they'll enforce that after the first weekend. If you've got a Parking Pass, you can head over on 35th or 31st.