Spamalot

palesox38

I was lucky enough to see Monty Python's Spamalot before it left town last week. I don't know what everyone thinks of the theatre, but this play was absolutely hilarious. Python fan or not, this is a must see. It's a Broadway play that actually makes fun of Broadway. They even make fun of the songs that they're singing within the song lol. If anyone else has seen it, post your thoughts. This may have been the best play I've seen, and, I've seen a few very good ones.

I was able the see it early in it's initial run in 2004 at the Shubert Theatre with Hank Azaria, David Hyde-Pirece and Tim Curry.

It's a wonderful show, crisp and funny.

Since I saw the show early in its conception, I saw two musical numbers/scenes that have been cut from show since that time.

One was called "Burn Her!", which was a 20s style dance number during the Witch trial scene. Very funny, it inclused digs at the show "Wicked"

Another was right before the cow launching. The castle turned around and the actress who playes the Lady of the Lake came out dressed as the cow and sang a French-style ballad called "Adieu" .

A side note,

My college buddy Jeff played Patsy in the current tour that you just saw.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 11:58 AM)
I was able the see it early in it's initial run in 2004 at the Shubert Theatre with Hank Azaria, David Hyde-Pirece and Tim Curry.

It's a wonderful show, crisp and funny.

Since I saw the show early in its conception, I saw two musical numbers/scenes that have been cut from show since that time.

One was called "Burn Her!", which was a 20s style dance number during the Witch trial scene. Very funny, it inclused digs at the show "Wicked"

Another was right before the cow launching. The castle turned around and the actress who playes the Lady of the Lake came out dressed as the cow and sang a French-style ballad called "Adieu" .

A side note,

My college buddy Jeff played Patsy in the current tour that you just saw.

your friend was great, he was one of my favorites