All star uniforms

southsider2k5

But baseball looks to rake in the almighty dollar again.

And this is different from every other business in the world...how?

And this surprises you...why?

It's the real world man. People are looking to make money. Not even our national past time is immune to human nature.

It's the real world man.  People are looking to make money.  Not even our national past time is immune to human nature.

It doesn't surprise me. But it does disgust when the sell out some of the traditions of the game.

It's the real world man.  People are looking to make money.  Not even our national past time is immune to human nature.

It doesn't surprise me. But it does disgust when the sell out some of the traditions of the game.

One person's "selling out" is another person's "evolution". All depends on how you look at things.

Baseball "sold out" when they created the DH.

Baseball "sold out" when they thought up the concept of inter-league play.

Baseball "sold out" when they decided to try having the winning league of the AS game have home field for the WS.

Now, baseball has "sold out" because they changed the uniforms that will be worn at the afore-mentioned AS game.

At the same time, there are probably many people who love the DH, inter-league play, the new AS rule, or the new jersies. All depends on your tastes, likes, and dislikes.

One person's "selling out" is another person's "evolution". All depends on how you look at things.

Baseball "sold out" when they decided to try having the winning league of the AS game have home field for the WS.

Now, baseball has "sold out" because they changed the uniforms that will be worn at the afore-mentioned AS game.

At the same time, there are probably many people who love the DH, inter-league play, the new AS rule, or the new jersies. All depends on your tastes, likes, and dislikes.

Well, I've stated my opinion on the jersey issue.

Well, I've stated my opinion on the jersey issue.

And I've stated mine -- "who cares".

Back to the HF advantage thing real quick...

Interleague play records????

Nah, that's not fair. The inter-league schedules are unbalanced.

I say that the best way is to give the team with the best record the HF advantage.

I say that the best way is to give the team with the best record the HF advantage.

But then they start griping about the differences in leagues, etc....

But then they start griping about the differences in leagues, etc....

Then I suppose the only FAIR way is to trade off year by year like they had done for YEARS.

It doesn't matter to me -- it won't affect me until the Sox are in the WS, which may not be for a while. :angry:

That is the way it should be. How many of the all stars really care if the Yankees have home field or not. Really less than half of the all stars will ever have a reason to care about home field adv during the WS. Think about it, teams like Tampa, Detroit, Cleveland, Toronto, the Sox, the Rangers etc... have no reason to care.