Giants' Pitching

Jim Fainter

I noticed on our home page that Jason Schmidt is not scheduled to throw against us. Good!!! That guy is a stud. Great arm, great stats this year. But, he last threw on Saturday, which means that he would have four days rest for our Thursday encounter. I hope they save him for KC on Friday.

I noticed on our home page that Jason Schmidt is not scheduled to throw against us.  Good!!!  That guy is a stud.  Great arm, great stats this year.  But, he last threw on Saturday, which means that he would have four days rest for our Thursday encounter.  I hope they save him for KC on Friday.

He was a major disappointment in Pittsburgh. What did they do for him in SF I wonder? In Pittsburgh he would invariably be cruising along until he'd have that one bad inning and the bottom would fall out. He'd get an almost pathetic look on his face like he wanted rescued by his manager. Now when he gets in a jam he tries real hard to tough it out. Someone in SF helped him get mentally tough which he definitely was not when he was with the Pirates.

We're facing Foppert on Wednesday, who is their top pitching prospect. I've got him on my fantasy team and I've watched him pitch 3 or 4 times on MLB extra innings and this guy is legit when he's on. It'll be interesting to see the Sox face him and Mark B.

He was a major disappointment in Pittsburgh. What did they do for him in SF I wonder? In Pittsburgh he would invariably be cruising along until he'd have that one bad inning and the bottom would fall out. He'd get an almost pathetic look on his face like he wanted rescued by his manager. Now when he gets in a jam he tries real hard to tough it out. Someone in SF helped him get mentally tough which he definitely was not when he was with the Pirates.

SF seems to teach great pitching. They always seem to be able to revive pitchers. Plus except for the RF line they play in the biggest pitchers park outside of Comerica.