D'Angelo article

soxfaninbeverly

Yes.

Blacks like Ray-Ray have the chick market cornered, fo sho.   DJ has no chance.

says who?????? you guys really got it all wrong.......thats just a twisted statement brando........

Em...you of all people not appreciating the irony/sarcasm in my reply to Smarmy....Shame.

(And I do know how much you gals love Ray-Ray...which pretty much invalidates the racism theor...ah f*** it!)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TO  WS613282.  First, happy birthday.

Since you are from U of A, how about your giving a report on Anderson, our 1st rounder.  Tks.

Thanks for the happy birthday. 21 this Friday. I am going to get stupid drunk.

I have given my personal comments on Anderson a few times, but have no problem doing so again. As a matter of fact I contemplated trying to walk onto the U of A team after playing 2 years of D2 ball out east, but knew that there was no chance that I could play big time D1 ball. It would have been interesting though because my natural position is CF and if I were backing up Anderson I could have given you a very indepth scouting report. With that said, I went to about 8 U of A games this past year and came back with mixed feeling about Anderson. The scouting reports will tell you he is really a toolsy guy, and thats no lie, but at times he wasn't the best player on the team. He needs to improve his plate disipline some, and that might be a little of a downfall at the upper levels in the minors. He has developing power although at this point looks more like a gap power guy. He is tall and long and runs very well. He has a pretty level swing and usually makes solid contact. He has a solid arm and good range. Another thing to look for is consistancy. This year was his 1st big year. He was hurt last year, and only this year realized his full potential. IMO, he wasn't a 1st round player though. From what I saw more of a 2nd-3rd rounder. He will probably take more time to develop then most college players. I don't think he has star potential, but he has the ability to be a solid major league player if he continues to develop.

A player to keep your eye on in future drafts is a kid by the name of Van Houton. It helps that I usually sit next to his dad and listen to him talk up his son, but he is a very good player. He also told me to keep an eye on Anderson because there were scouts watching him for the upcoming draft. He doesn't have the physical gifts that Anderson has and when I meet him and stood next to him I was quite a bit taller. If I had to guess he is probably only 5'8-5'9, but he is one of those leave it on the field guys. His dad video tapes every one of his AB's and he studies it every night looking for ways to improve, see how pitchers are pitching him, what he is doing well, ect, so he has a great work ethic and willingness to improve. He lead the Pac 10 in hitting for a decent part of the season before cooling off some towards the end of the year(still hit above .400 I believe). He has a very good eye and doesn't strikeout much(about a 1:1 strikeout to walk ratio if I am not mistaken). He has some solid pop for a guy his size and I believe finished in the top 3 on the team in HR's. He has solid speed as well. He played the corner outfield, but his dad said he could play some 3rd and possible move to CF with Anderson gone. I was probably more impressed with this kid then Anderson.

wrong.. if dj was actually doing something other than sleeping in the field then i wouldnt have as much a problem with him......his hitting has dropped, his defense is sucking up the royal ying yang and i just dont like the lack of effort on his part.. his manager put it nicely when he said that dj was not a play for life type of guy... he should have just come out and said hes a lazy bastard but i have to play  him............ ;)

Well you didn't like him when he was hitting .347 this year, that's pretty good. Also Miles has dropped off significantly in AAA he's only hitting .312, he was hitting like .370 or some outrageous number earlier.

Guest hotsoxchick1
There is a difference between talent and heart. I have the heart to play major league baseball, but it is something that will never happen. Miles heart doesn't make up the talent difference with Jimenez. Jimenez was the right choice out of ST no questions asked. I go to school at the U of A and say almost every Sox game in Tucson, and Miles wasn't better. Miles is a career minor leaguer, with no speed, terrible defense, and zero plate disipline. He is a future utility infielder at best. Jimenez is the present and the future. Imagine how good this kid could be if he starts trying. Why should Miles be starting over Jimenez? If you think Miles should be starting over Jimenez then you definately have a bias, that or you are smoking crack.

oh you know what im not in the mood to argue the good and bads of f***in dumbass dj and my boy miles..... i dont like dj .. never will ,i dont care if he hits .500 with a million homers and rbi's it doesnt erase the fact hes an asshole personally, not a good teamate (ask those who dont hit as good as him on any given day all the s*** he lays down)... and he never will be the type of person i want on my team.. i would rather have clayton back (and everyone knows how much i loved him) than to sit by and support another season with dj's lazy ass around here...... :fyou him........

Guest hotsoxchick1
Well you didn't like him when he was hitting .347 this year, that's pretty good. Also Miles has dropped off significantly in AAA he's only hitting .312, he was hitting like .370 or some outrageous number earlier.

yeah yeah yeeah whatever ..at least miles is not a lazy bastard......... :fyou jimenez............

Guest hotsoxchick1
Yes.

Blacks like Ray-Ray have the chick market cornered, fo sho.   DJ has no chance.

says who?????? you guys really got it all wrong.......thats just a twisted statement brando........

Em...you of all people not appreciating the irony/sarcasm in my reply to Smarmy....Shame.

(And I do know how much you gals love Ray-Ray...which pretty much invalidates the racism theor...ah f*** it!)

sorry brando it was late and i was tired..........ill catch it next time........ ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
You're 21?! Hell, I thoughts you was SS2k3/B-Joe/HSC's age...smart fella.

hey whats wrong with being our age (which by the way isnt that old)???? were all legal now.......... :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
So if Miles came up hit .180, but wasn't "lazy" you'd be Okay with that?

if it meant that jimenez was out of here then yes i would be just fine with that.......no doubt about it........jimenez is a cancer asshole who makes clayton look like a choir boy.........