Sox may go after Acevedo

sox-r-us

Hell, a 2.65 ERA last year in the AL Central... he must have been doing something right against division opponents. Worth a shot to replace White or Sanders (who's just rotting away up here right now) or to sign him to a minor league contract.

Hell, a 2.65 ERA last year in the AL Central... he must have been doing something right against division opponents.  Worth a shot to replace White or Sanders (who's just rotting away up here right now) or to sign him to a minor league contract.

Damn straight. :cheers

He is not needed

Well, I figure then sign him in place of Sanders. Sanders is still a prospect in my book, so may as well have him pitching in AAA than rotting away like he is right now up here... might as well have someone like Acevedo rot away than him.

Hell, a 2.65 ERA last year in the AL Central... he must have been doing something right against division opponents.  Worth a shot to replace White or Sanders (who's just rotting away up here right now) or to sign him to a minor league contract.

I tell you what, I'd be willing to bet that Ginter would put up better numbers than Acevedo. Just a hunch.

Agreed.

And I think Acevedo would put up better numbers then White-flag.

Then replace White with Acevedo. White's put up numbers before, but Acevedo's done the same thing IN THIS DIVISION.

I see a problem with that. Acevedo would cost money....albeit a small amount....and I'd actually rather see JR go the cheap route this time around by bringing up Ginter. Ginter has good stuff, and can spot start occassionally.

Agreed.

I could put up better numbers than the double digit era numbnuts has been toting around... ;)

Well duh....but we'd dominate these guys. We have to bring in guys that actually have to try to suck, or something like that.

Maybe White gets an extra $100,000 for every ER he gives up? :huh: :D

Agreed.

I could put up better numbers than the double digit era numbnuts has been toting around... ;)

White's not doing so bad... assuming 1 IP per outing, he's averaging 1 scoreless outing per 9, about. So his scoreless IP average is comparable to Loaiza's ERA...

Agreed.

White's not doing so bad... assuming 1 IP per outing, he's averaging 1 scoreless outing per 9, about. So his scoreless IP average is comparable to Loaiza's ERA...

:puke on WhiteFlag

Agreed.

:puke on WhiteFlag

Maybe we are all wrong and White is ready to turn it around and build on his recent 2 innings of scoreless work. ;)

Acevedo signs with the Blue Jays.  I would guess that he would become their closer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/gen/wire?...sageId=17081394

I'd say that he is a setup man there and Cliff Politte remains closer.

The Blue Jays' bullpen is simply atrocious. Outside of Alquilino Lopez, their best ERA guy with an ERA of 3.16, take a look at some of these stats...

Kelvim Escobar 4.05

Trever Miller 5.09

Tanyon Sturtze 5.81

Pete Walker 5.85

Cliff Politte 5.90

Jeff Tam 6.21

:puke

Acevedo signs with the Blue Jays.  I would guess that he would become their closer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/gen/wire?...sageId=17081394

I'd say that he is a setup man there and Cliff Politte remains closer.

The Blue Jays' bullpen is simply atrocious. Outside of Alquilino Lopez, their best ERA guy with an ERA of 3.16, take a look at some of these stats...

Kelvim Escobar 4.05

Trever Miller 5.09

Tanyon Sturtze 5.81

Pete Walker 5.85

Cliff Politte 5.90

Jeff Tam 6.21

:puke

Kelvim Escobar is now starting....and I'd have to say you're right, they're bullpen is terrible.

Gary Glover and Rick White-flag would be good additions to their bullpen....and in ours, they're f***ing terrible. In fact, in like any other bullpen, they are s***ty....but not Toronto's!