"Former" Sox Players Help

Winning Ugly

Guys I am in this unique fantasy draft on Saturday morning where you pick your team and can only draft current and former players of that team (not including if they were in that organizations minor league affiliates). Here is my list of former Sox players I CAN draft (not saying I'm going to, but with 20 teams might have to take some scrubs):

Sammy Sosa

David Wells

Kip Wells

Josh Fogg

Charles Johnson

Keith Foulke

Kenny Lofton

Robin Ventura

Ray Durham

Mike Cameron

Rocky Biddle

Rueben Sierra

Royce Clayton

Wil Cordero

Chris Singleton

Jeff Liefer

Cal Eldred

Todd Ritchie

This is mostly from the top of my head. Is there anyone I am missing?

Thanks.

(Moderators if you can just leave this topic here for a few hours then move it to fantasy forum I'd appreciate it)

Scott Eyre

Ellis Burks

Well no need for Eyre, but hell I always forget Burks in a Sox uni for some reason. Maybe because I was in Okinawa that year he was with us.

Isn't he hurt right now though?

Yes he is hurt, I'm just going to add anyone I can think of above.

I just noticed something else about this league and what I can do. Maggs, Frank, Carlos, Buehrle, Garland, Crede and Olivo are all current Sox starters who have come up from within the organization, so nobody can touch them but me.

Gonna be funny as hell to draft Maggs in round 25. LMAO!

That tells me I now need to go for Colon, Loaiza, Sosa, Foulke, Durham, Cameron, Biddle, Charles Johnson, Lofton, Ventura, Kip and David Wells first (in that order) before their current or former team's owner's snag them.

I just noticed something else about this league and what I can do. Maggs, Frank, Carlos, Buehrle, Garland, Crede and Olivo are all current Sox starters who have come up from within the organization, so nobody can touch them but me.

Gonna be funny as hell to draft Maggs in round 25. LMAO!

That tells me I now need to go for Colon, Loaiza, Sosa, Foulke, Durham, Cameron, Biddle, Charles Johnson, Lofton, Ventura, Kip and David Wells first (in that order) before their current or former team's owner's snag them.

I'd pick Kip way before Lofton, Ventura, or Johnson... you have Olivo in place of Johnson, and Kip is putting up great numbers this year (better than Lofton or Ventura can get ya, IMO).

Thanks for the help, everyone. After Durham was snagged by Oakland, Foulke was snagged by the Giants in round one, I had to take Colon even though the Indians were not represented. The Expos were, and after he took Pedro in round 1, I knew he'd take Colon if I hadn't.

Then after the Cubbies didn't take Sammy in round 1, I snagged him in round 2 for trade bait. That screwed me there as the Pirates grabbed Loaiza, and Oakland grabbed Koch, leaving me without a closer as the Expos has taken Biddle early that round as well.

Luckily I snagged Lofton then, so Sammy's being traded for Foulke and Mueller (SF grabbed Mueller and Alfonzo already and got screwed when the Pirates took Bonds in round 1.

So here's what my team looks like:

C- Charles Johnson, Olivo

1B- Konerko, Thomas (soon to be eligible there), Cordero

2B- Jimenez

SS- Valentin

3B- Mueller, Crede

OF- Maggs, Lee, Lofton

Util- Thomas

SP- Colon, Kip Wells, Buehrle, Garland, Wright

RP- Foulke, Eldred, Marte, Bradford

So as you can see, I didn't fare so well with the former Sox players currently on other team, but did land Lofton, Wells, CJ, Bradford, Cordero and Eldred who will soon be starting again now that Izzy is back. The Sammy deal for Foulke and Mueller is a no brainer. Losing Bonds really hurt that guy, but Sammy is no where NEAR Bonds anymore.

All in all a decent draft, however much competition out there. I never knew Jeff Kent played for the Mets, but he snagged him.