The Top 50 Countdown: 20-11

Chisoxfn

Bannister was a big free agent signing for us. He came from KC iirc. Lamar Hoyt, Rich Dotsun, Floyd Bannister. Britt Burns. That was a great rotation in '83. Burns pitched that game 4 against the O's that we should have won. He had battled arm problems all year, but sure gutted it out that game. Took a shut out into the tenth before Tito ... No! I can't bring myself to mention that name again.

Just to set record straight

LaMarr Hoyt was traded with 2 minor leaguers to the Padres and we received 4 players. SS Ozzie Guillen, 3B Luis Salazar, RHP Bill Long and LHP Tim Lollar.

BTW, we got Hoyt in a rather decent trade too. We sent Bucky Dent to Yankees and received RHP Lamarr Hoyt, RHP Bob Polinsky and OF Oscar Gamble.

Chisoxfn mentioned Gonzales needs to improve his bat. I think his fielding is where he is going to have trouble making it as a SS. He may be a guy that is switched to a different position, he makes a lot of errors. His bat has been coming around.

I thought Brian Miller was connected to Michigan State, not University of Michigan. :huh:

If I remember correctly, Lamar Hoyt's real first name was Dewey or at any rate he was called Dewey until he suddenly decided, a la Dick "Don't call me Richie" Allen, to go by another name. I wouldn't want to be called Dewey either.

I thought Brian Miller was connected to Michigan State, not University of Michigan.  :huh:

If I remember correctly, Lamar Hoyt's real first name was Dewey or at any rate he was called Dewey until he suddenly decided, a la Dick "Don't call me Richie" Allen, to go by another name.  I wouldn't want to be called Dewey either.

I'm pretty sure it was Michigan, let me double check tonight when I go through all my notes.

Someone posted Bannister came from KC

Nope, he was signed as FA by us from Seattle, we traded him to KC for Greg Hibbard, Melido Perez, John Davis and Chuck Mount, all pitchers. We also threw in an infielder by the name of Cochrane.

Geeze you guys have great memories.  Hopefully I can remember all the crap that goes through me  :)

Ask me what happened at each of the seven Ecumenical Councils of the Church and this pastor has to look it up.

Ask me what Lamarr Hoyt's first name is, and that I know! :lol:

I thought Brian Miller was connected to Michigan State, not University of Michigan.  :huh:

If I remember correctly, Lamar Hoyt's real first name was Dewey or at any rate he was called Dewey until he suddenly decided, a la Dick "Don't call me Richie" Allen, to go by another name.  I wouldn't want to be called Dewey either.

I'm not sure, but I think his name was Dewey Lamar Hoyt. And wasn't he related in some way to an old Yankee pitcher named Dewey Hoyt?