a little comedy relief

Greg Hibbard

Okay, so I just got back from playing a World Series of Poker event (no, I didn't money, but I had fun) in Vegas, and I ended up sitting at the same table with two other White Sox fans. We were commisserating with one another a bit, and one of the guys I end up having dinner with monday in the sports book, while watching the final two miserable innings of that game.

So, halfway through the 3rd hour, another gentlemen comes up to this guy and he says "hey Steve (his buddy), this is another white sox fan!" Steve: (to me) "Oh yeah?"

me: "yeah, we were just talking about Podsednik..." (I proceed to get into a ten minute discussion about how much I hate pods and basically my entire rant from the thread at the all-star break and he seems to agree mostly with what I say. Anyway, after bellyaching about how nice it would be to somehow land Soriano, he takes off. I notice he has a media pass, but I sort of disregard this.

my buddy at the table: "Hey Matt, you know who that was?" "No." "Steve Rosenbloom"

I only hear the guy's voice every morning, you'd think I'd recognize it... :o :o

btw, the next day, I did the right thing and proceeded to the sports book to lay down $60 on the Sox to win the Series at 4.5:1.