Anyone for weekend torture?

southsider2k5

There's the extremely remote chance that at least me and Guido may go on Sunday. Problem is, unlike sCrUB fans, me and Guido (and MPS for that matter) are getting sick and tired of paying our hard earned money to watch a crap product. Plus, it's Fathers Day.

There's the extremely remote chance that at least me and Guido may go on Sunday. Problem is, unlike sCrUB fans, me and Guido (and MPS for that matter) are getting sick and tired of paying our hard earned money to watch a crap product. Plus, it's Fathers Day.

Like I said, Sunday was a freebie. A buddy of mine is a vendor and it is one of the days that they could get tickets for. Other than that, unless the ballclub wakes up, I am only going to the games that I have already paid for. ;)

A free ticket may be the only way I get my ass back out to USCF this year. I'm sick of this Organization doing nothing and I don't think JR deserves anymore of my money when he fails to spend some of it to improve the team. Cheap cocksucker has the money, he just refuses to spend it. f*** him and f*** this team.

I am going tonight and tomorrow. 

Being at the park is my favorite place to be.

You guys never would have survived the 1970 season!  :lol:

It is one thing to have a team with no expectations that loses. It is another to have a ton of talent and underachieve. If we had a team like Cleveland or the Tigers, I would still enjoy the season as there are no expectations. But this team should not be as bad as they are.

You guys never would have survived the 1970 season!

OMG, the 1970 season, I remember that one ... what a disaster ... I think they drew about 500k the whole year. I seem to recall it was Bob Elson's last year as the broadcaster ... and wow, did he sound disinterested, even for a 9-yr. old like myself at the time.

We had freebies to a twi-nite doubleheader that year and my dad refused to sit through both games, we showed up halfway through the first one and left halfway through the second one. The park was a morgue. That was the year after they played "home games" in Milwaukee ('68 and '69) ... my dad was really pissed over that whole thing, and to this day he insists Bud Selig was trying to get the Sox to move to Milwaukee. He'd seen the same scenario about 10 years earlier with the Chicago Cardinals football team and all that BS about "we're trying to expand our tv market" by playing a couple home games in Minneapolis in 1959.

attendance didn't reach 400,000 that season and most of that was me and the friends that I made go in my Save the Sox for Chicago campaign!

I still had fun at Comiskey being with my friends -

sountsider2k, while this 2003 team is underachieving, they are not going to improve because I stay away. Going with friends tonight and we'll have a good time.

Guest hotsoxchick1

untill something that resembles a ball club actually steps onto the field and can actually play ball... im not going to the park ...........ill be hanging at the flyers or cougars games for a while.... at least they are winning...... ;)

so at Friday's victory by the Sox, which I witnessed live, my 3rd trip to the Cell in a week, I got a free White Sox floppy hat - now what the hell am I supposed to do with it? :huh: :huh:

I think it is a sin to own a floppy hat! :angry: :lol:

But on the bright side, thanks to a friend of a friend, I had tickets in section 133, row 16 - very sweet seats indeed - best seats I ever sat in that I had a ticket for! :headbang

Sat with the 78 year old mother of a friend who kept score in her head better than I do on paper - every inning she knew the season stats and game stats for each Sox player - I was never able to do that without looking at my score card - damn she was good!

One of my friends last night it legally blind so I do a play by play for him since he can't see the field - he didn't believe me when I announced a Rios home run! :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to tonight's game -

but as a side note, isn't it wierd when we host the Padres and the scrubs are at Toronto? :huh: I still am not thrilled with interleague play.

If i am in Chicago, i would go in  a hurry...

and I'd buy you a beer! :headbang

I had cousins who lived in Recife (I think that is how it was spelled) - is that anywhjere near you I ask knowing that Brazil is a very very large country - and wasn't Dom Helder Camera from Recife? He is one of my heroes in the church.

and I'd buy you a beer!  :headbang

I had cousins who lived in Recife (I think that is how it was spelled) - is that anywhjere near you I ask knowing that Brazil is a very very large country -  and wasn't Dom Helder Camera from Recife?  He is one of my heroes in the church.

HEy cw, i'm impressed!! YOu know something about my state....Recife was the city of Dom Helder Camera....Recife is the capital of my state, Pernambuco. YOur cousins lived here in Recife? I live in Recife...tell memore about this... he said something about soccer teams in Recife?

BTW, my soccer team(Náutico) won yesterday in the brazilian league B and is the first for now....i will put a picture of my idol, Kuki, in here and the striker of my team....he is scoring a goal in the picture, it was yesterday. He has 10 points (7 goals and 3 assists, is tied for the lead in goals and first in points) in 8 games....Náutico 3-1 CRB.