Game Thread for June 14th

Heads22

Yea, but he hit a 3-run bomb!!! :headbang

If Lee didn't drop that f***ing ball, the Padres never would have tied the White Sox..... and this game never would have been in doubt. Admit it..... Lee f***ed up. I don't care whether he hit a 3-run shot or not. He should have caught a ball that dropped square in his glove. Buttwad!

Geez, most outfielders dont make two errors in a year. And here this guy is making two in an inning... :rolleyes:

Lee did not make two errors in one inning.

Lee had 1 error for the entire game.

Check the box score if you doubt me.

Lee did not make two errors in one inning.

Lee had 1 error for the entire game.

Check the box score if you doubt me.

Was it on the throw to home on the scarifice fly or was it for the ball that fell in his glove on the warning track that he dropped :huh: ? Dumbass.....

If Lee didn't drop that f***ing ball, the Padres never would have tied the White Sox..... and this game never would have been in doubt. Admit it..... Lee f***ed up. I don't care whether he hit a 3-run shot or not. He should have caught a ball that dropped square in his glove. Buttwad!

????

I have just gotten home from the game.

The Padres first run was one of the stupidest and most unusual plays that I have ever seen - Graf is trying to tag out Klesko between first and second while Loretta is happily running towards home.

Lee did not drop any balls. He had an error on a throw. He tried to make what would have been a fantastic catch and didn't make it, but he didn't drop the ball.

It was a great game to be at because of Mags and Lee and Frank - Mags homer was a mammoth shot. Wright pitched ok.

Anyone want to talk about dumb and stupid and could have cost us a run and maybe the game - trying St JosE6 doubling in 3rd and being thrown out by 20 feet trying to make it into a triple. Anyone wants to throw insults at a Sox player for tonight's game, Valentin is the player to throw the insults at. I have never seen a player be out by that great of distance.

Then again, I never saw a play where the Padres scored in the 4th, with Wright throwing to Frank and Frank tossing to Graf who chases down Klesko while everyone forgets there is a runner on 3rd who is officially stealing home but more accuratley could be described as scoring on the old "hidden runner" trick.

Anyone want to talk about dumb and stupid and could have cost us a run and maybe the game - trying St JosE6 doubling in 3rd and being thrown out by 20 feet trying to make it into a triple.  Anyone wants to throw insults at a Sox player for tonight's game, Valentin is the player to throw the insults at.  I have never seen a player be out by that great of distance.

That was pretty f***ing sad. He had a sure double and when I saw him running towards third I voiced, "What the f*** is he doing?????" :lol:

Was it on the throw to home on the scarifice fly or was it for the ball that fell in his glove on the warning track that he dropped  :huh: ? Dumbass.....

The error was, according to my scorecard, on Burroughs hit in the 8th.

now maybe Lee was closer to the play than i thought - there was no instant replay - if the ball was in his glove - which I didn't see - I don't know why the error is credited on the throw as I just checked the box score on the MLB site.

Jimenez sure bobbled the damn ball in the 9th - could have been a double play to end the game - maybe not but at least one out -

Maggs home run was just mammoth.

Whats the difference? Both Lee and Jose are butchers in the field no matter what they do on any given night. Thats why we never won s***. We think we can throw out 9 right handed butchers each year, and bash our way to the title, with 9-8 wins. Just so happens we cant and this year those 9-8 wins are 8-3 losses.

That was pretty f***ing sad. He had a sure double and when I saw him running towards third I voiced, "What the f*** is he doing?????"  :lol:

A lot of us in the upper deck were screaming something very similar to that when we saw Jose round 2nd and not stop - the dumb s.o.b. I would have yanked my grandson out a game and made him sit for that one!

Lee did not drop any balls.  He had an error on a  throw.  He tried to make what would have been a fantastic catch and didn't make it, but he didn't drop the ball.

Not sure if you were at the game and couldn't really see from where you were at, but trust me..... Lee dropped a ball that scored the tying run and it landed right in his f***ing glove :angry: . Me, Maury, and Guido all saw it from the SnR chopper ;)

Whats the difference?  Both Lee and Jose are butchers in the field no matter what they do on any given night.  Thats why we never won s***.  We think we can throw out 9 right handed butchers each year, and bash our way to the title, with 9-8 wins.  Just so happens we cant and this year those 9-8 wins are 8-3 losses.

We won a division title with them both - although Valentin was hitting about 60 pointsd higher then -

Lee sure had a timely hit tonight. He is doing that a lot.

A stat from last night;s game on the scoreboard - I should have written it down - something like 9 of 15 (now 10 of 16) of Frank's home runs have put us into a tie or the lead. That is pretty clutch. I didn't realize that until the scoreboard posted that yesterday.

We won a division title with them both - although Valentin was hitting about  60 pointsd higher then -

Lee sure had a timely hit tonight.  He is doing that a lot.

A stat from last night;s game on the scoreboard - I should have written it down - something like 9 of 15 (now 10 of 16) of Frank's home runs have put us into a tie or the lead. That is pretty clutch.  I didn't realize that until the scoreboard posted that yesterday.

Winning divisions doesnt mean s*** to me if your team isnt built to win it all. Its just a tease, even in the best of seasons.

Lee did not drop any balls.  He had an error on a  throw.  He tried to make what would have been a fantastic catch and didn't make it, but he didn't drop the ball.

Not sure if you were at the game and couldn't really see from where you were at, but trust me..... Lee dropped a ball that scored the tying run and it landed right in his f***ing glove :angry: . Me, Maury, and Guido all saw it from the SnR chopper ;)

If it was in his glove, that we did not see - the kid sitting next to me (an MIT student and an ump) were comparing scoring notes all game and we both thought the ball fell in front of Lee. Without instant replay at the game... you were watching on tv with replay so you saw something we didn't. And I did not have Ed and John at that point on so I missed their call of it, I would have realized CLee dropped it in that case.

That called third strike on Frank in the 5th had us all angry - there was no way he swung, I have no idea what the 1st base ump was watching when he called Frank out on the appeal to first.

That called third strike on Frank in the 5th had us all angry - there was no way he swung, I have no idea what the 1st base ump was watching when he called Frank out on the appeal to first.

That was bulls***. Only bad call of the game. No way Frank went around..... although I thought the pitch had enough on the inside corner to be called strike 3. Home plate ump didn't see it that way though. We won..... and that's what is important :headbang

We won..... and that's what is important  :headbang

Wrong!

We won

AND

we had fireworks

AND

on Caribbean Night, parrotheads were on sale for $7 each so I stocked up for Halloween! :lol:

Trust me, I did not wear a parrothead, I merely put them in the bag for October 31 use. :lol:

got to be thinking that our out of state fans may not know what a parrothead is -

why they always show up on Caribbean nites as well as a few other times, I have no idea, but people seem to enjoy wearing them -

a lot of folks were in Hawaiian shirts too, and they had several bands around on the park and on the fan deck before the game, and some band play before the fireworks - very festive and the fans loved it - people dancing and no one left - of course Frank's 8th inning heorics helped there - it was one of the more lively Saturday night postgames I have seen, just very festive, lot of dancing in the aisles in the upper deck and people singing Day-O all the way down the ramps -

this is not a picture from tonight, just a picture of parrotheads

ParrotHeads-web.jpg

Anyone want to talk about dumb and stupid and could have cost us a run and maybe the game - trying St JosE6 doubling in 3rd and being thrown out by 20 feet trying to make it into a triple. Anyone wants to throw insults at a Sox player for tonight's game, Valentin is the player to throw the insults at. I have never seen a player be out by that great of distance.

Show some more transparent bias why don't you, CW? Jose makes a dozen good/great running plays this year-- including steals, runs scored on shallow pop ups, extra base taken on ball in the dirt or on singles, etc---and you say nothing....yet should he make a rare miscalculation (the ball missed the cutoff guy but for some reason Jose didn't see another one backing the play up) once in a while, trying to give Graffy a runner on 3rd with 1 out in the 3rd inning, you are ALL OVER his case. Example: When he gave Frank a double as a gift in LA (a dropped liner to Jordan in RF with Jose motoring from 1st to 3rd with 1 out, simultaneously allowing Frank to move into 2nd and Sox to bring the run home on a perfect would-be DP ground ball by Maggs), noone said a word....Wow

Meanwhile:

--Frank and Graffanino gave SD an extra run. I don't care whose fault it was since I have no bias against either--unlike you and Manos.

--Jimenez almost brought his run-caused defensive total to double digits (by comparison Jose has 4 including that Cleveland game).

--Lee causes not one but TWO runs with a lousy slide on Burrough's pop up as well as on a deep line drive that he dropped a few innings later. That's HALF of Jose's total but in ONE friggin' gamre.

--Rios played a TERRIBLE cf, couldn't cover neither the gap on Loretta nor the shallow field on another hit. No errors but the runs scored that even Rowand probably would have prevented. Yet no mention again.

Speaking of butchery defense this season....Jose is 5th in the majors in DP/innigs played...has 1 error in his last 20 starts....and has fewer of them on the season than Berroa, Furcal, Lopez, Infante, Woodward, Tejada, Garciappara, Renteria all of whom he is killing in ZoneRating and DP/inn.

We won a division title with them both - although Valentin was hitting about  60 pointsd higher then -

Lee sure had a timely hit tonight.  He is doing that a lot.

A stat from last night;s game on the scoreboard - I should have written it down - something like 9 of 15 (now 10 of 16) of Frank's home runs have put us into a tie or the lead.   That is pretty clutch.  I didn't realize that until the scoreboard posted that yesterday.

Winning divisions doesnt mean s*** to me if your team isnt built to win it all. Its just a tease, even in the best of seasons.

I am sorry but this is crap: in 2000 we could have swept the Mariners just as easily as they swept us. We simply had one error more and 1 clutch hit less than them and at the end it made a huge difference.

We certainly DOMINATED Seattle in the regular season, so drop all this knee-jerk, inferiority complex BS. Not saying we would have necessarily pulled a Angels2002 on MLB's ass, but we were a pretty good team back then, a team that actully played up to its potential without any reservations.

--Frank and Graffanino gave SD an extra run.  I don't care whose fault it was since I have no bias against either--unlike you and Manos.

--Jimenez almost brought his run-caused defensive total to double digits (by comparison Jose has 4 including that Cleveland game).

--Lee causes not one but TWO runs with a lousy slide on Burrough's pop up as well as on a deep line drive that he dropped a few innings later.  That's HALF of Jose's total but in ONE friggin' gamre.

--Rios played a TERRIBLE cf, couldn't cover neither the gap on Loretta nor the shallow field on another hit.  No errors but the runs scored that even Rowand probably would have prevented.  Yet no mention again.

Great points as always in defense of one of my favorite current White Sox players Jose Valentin.

However..... even I realize that JV trying to stretch a double all the way into a triple was careless baserunning. The ONLY way he's safe on that play is if the relay throw in totally f***ed. The relay throw could have been somewhat offline and JV still would have been out. He was out by 10 ft. as was.

--Frank and Graffanino gave SD an extra run.  I don't care whose fault it was since I have no bias against either--unlike you and Manos.

--Lee causes not one but TWO runs with a lousy slide on Burrough's pop up as well as on a deep line drive that he dropped a few innings later.  That's HALF of Jose's total but in ONE friggin' gamre.

--Rios played a TERRIBLE cf, couldn't cover neither the gap on Loretta nor the shallow field on another hit.  No errors but the runs scored that even Rowand probably would have prevented.  Yet no mention again.

Great points as always in defense of one of my favorite current White Sox players Jose Valentin.

However..... even I realize that JV trying to stretch a double all the way into a triple was careless baserunning. The ONLY way he's safe on that play is if the relay throw in totally f***ed. The relay throw could have been somewhat offline and JV still would have been out. He was out by 10 ft. as was.

1. Killa, I wouldn't need to defend Jose's otherwise mediocre season if arrogant, leering prick bashers would just f***ing get over their prejudice and not put their foot in their mouths with as much gusto.

2. The only everyday player who have arguablty been better than Jose in defensive +/- are Ordonez and Olivo and even they f***ed quite a few times that led to runs. HOWEVER to know that one would have to look beyond/into the numbers, and most people stubbornly refuse to do that. Whatever.

3. Jose has been the best baserunner on this team this season. Do you think his 31 runs scored despite a bad OBP is a coincidence? I can't believe he gets crucified over one mistake, he was trying to give the Sox the runner on 3rd with 1 out in a tied game which is commendable since Graff and Hurt were mired in a 0-10 slump prior to that point as soon as he saw the cutoff throw was missed, it's one of those times the gamble didn't pay off. Do I need to bring up how many times he made a great play while BR? Who is oc***ing, right?

Show some more transparent bias why don't you, CW? Jose makes a dozen good/great running plays this year-- including steals, runs scored on shallow pop ups, extra base taken on ball in the dirt or on singles, etc---and you say nothing....yet should he make a rare miscalculation (the ball missed the cutoff guy but for some reason Jose didn't see another one backing the play up) once in a while, trying to give Graffy a runner on 3rd with 1 out in the 3rd inning, you are ALL OVER his case. Example:  When he gave Frank a double as a gift in LA (a dropped liner to Jordan in RF with Jose motoring from 1st to 3rd with 1 out, simultaneously allowing Frank to move into 2nd and Sox to bring the run home on a perfect would-be DP ground ball by Maggs), noone said a word....Wow

Meanwhile:

Speaking of butchery defense this season....Jose is 5th in the majors in DP/innigs played...has 1 error in his last 20 starts....and has fewer of them on the season than Berroa, Furcal, Lopez, Infante, Woodward, Tejada, Garciappara, Renteria all of whom he is killing in ZoneRating and DP/inn.

I don't know where you are coming from other than Pavlovian dog style responses.

Jose's huge baserunning blunder was big time. That was not a "pop up" that CLee had trouble with. I am still pondering whether that stupid play for the first SD run was the fault of Graf, or Braf & Frank & Wright, but I called that one out. You excuse every thing St JosE6 does wrong and blame everyone else.

Jose was not trying to give a gift to Graf - he was out by 10-20 feet on a base running blunder so stupidl that I would have yanked my own kid of a game for doing that.

Jose f***ed up. Go ahead, try saying that. Whe you are more objective, I canm take your posts more seriously. There were some reallyu strange plays yesterday. CK and others and I have been discussing all of them. We don't deify one player and crucify the rest to make the one deified look every more god like.

U'd like to see a replay of the first SD run. I want to see if Frank and Graf ever looked to home and where JP was - was he in position to make the play. Wright never should have thrown to first on that pickoff attempt. On the other hand,, maybe we shoudl adopt that as a strategy - runners at 1st and 3rd, send the runner at 1st so in the distraction the runner on thrid can "steal" [actually, stroll] home.

I don't know where you are coming from other than Pavlovian dog style responses.

Blablabla-backhandedhubriscakes

Jose's huge baserunning blunder was big time. That was not a "pop up" that CLee had trouble with. I am still pondering whether that stupid play for the first SD run was the fault of Graf, or Braf & Frank & Wright, but I called that one out. You excuse every thing St JosE6 does wrong and blame everyone

The only reason why I "excuse" a rare baserunning mistake is because 1) you never give Jose any credit on his numerous great baserunning plays and 2) you clearly misjudge the simplest of plays, so I wonder if you even saw them from "first row". Lee f***ed up TWICE - he should have caught the crucial pop with RISP and another linedrive his slowass barely tracked down was IN HIS f***ING GLOVE before it fell on the grass--again with RISP late in the game. That's 2 runs Calros f***ed up (kina like Jose infamously did in Cleveland, remember? No error afterall...) and nobody is crying foul. Rios has TERRIBLE range and 2 more runs ended up scoring as a result in 2 plays he should have made. Plus the Graff/Hurt thing......That's only ONE f***ING GAME and yet it is Jose who supposed to be this unbelivably bad defensive player this season, something you feel your duty to (incorrectly) point out almost every time? Unreal and ironic stuff....

So you goddamn right I am gonna stand up if you're gonna call someone a butcher, you will get statistical, empirical and otherwise comparisons EVERY time because I, unlike you, actually back my claims up, always have. Too bad you can't deal with the fact that Crede, Gaff, Konerko, Jimenez, Lee, Rios (on the Sox only....Tejada, Garciappara, Furcal, Guzman among many others couldn't carry Manos jack this season on D.) have been worse defensive players than Val and have led to a TON MORE runs than him. 4 is the magic number and it's that because I did you a favor and added a non-error run in Cleveland....

But hey I must have some "bias" against Lee and Jiminez and Rios, right? I mean why else would I bring up their f***ups if only to deflect attention from the real culprit, Manos....Never you mind the fact that I have defended all 3 with much ardor and dilligence in the past...Say, when was the last time YOU said anything positive about Jose? I thought so, hypocrite.

se was not trying to give a gift to Graf - he was out by 10-20 feet on a base running blunder so stupidl that I would have yanked my own kid of a game for doing that

Oh, please you'r blind- Jose seemed to almost STOP around the second base (invalidates the selfishness theory) before realizing that the throw was dropped/missed ; his only mistake, in retrospect a big one, was not seeing the second cutoff guy backing the play up. It was a 3rd or 4th inning and we were up 1-0 at that point for crying out loud....What "could have cost us a game" are you blathering on about? Rois cost us two runs with 2 plays he couldn't make, ditto for Lee and another by Hurt/Graff....and YET IT IS JOSE WHO ALMOST RAN US OUT OF THE GAME?! Sox should have won 6-2 if it weren't for our defense.

I was going to take justified shots at your baseball knowledge (seeing how many stats, facts and obvious plays you miss/forget) in this paragraph, but you're not worth it anymore. Feel free to tempt me with your "objective" assessments of Val's f***ups. You're on IGNORE, CW/buddy/Jamal/whatever you prefer to be called.