This "love affair" with Jimenez

RedPinStripes

How can anyone say he's good defensivly? that booted routine ball in the first which costed a run was no fluke. He plays 2b like a 16" softball player. Only difference is, you can boot the ball and still get the runner out in MLB. And i dont belive he'll get better in time. He's 27 right? He has a good eye at the plate and a good hitter, but a bad baserunner, bad defender, and dumb! This is why this team sucks. Too many guys like him. I'll take Ray's defense over his any day and i was one of the guys packing his baggs for him. Jiminez sucks, there's a reason why the Yankees and even the Padres didnt want him. :bringit :finger

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

deep sarcasm.

The guy IS at a new position, and he's not THAT far removed from the car accident. What was it, like 3 years ago or so?

I realize that he shouldn't boot routine plays like the one he did earlier, but I think the Sox are better off with him than without him.

The guy IS at a new position, and he's not THAT far removed from the car accident.  What was it, like 3 years ago or so?

I realize that he shouldn't boot routine plays like the one he did earlier, but I think the Sox are better off with him than without him.

He's terrible on teh bases and irecall a few dp's screwed up because he cant underhand a ball to 2b. I just see a lot of BAD fundamentals with him . Things that should be worked out before he got to the bigs. He's not the only one on this team either. If we had 7 guys with half a brain on the team with decent speed, i wouldnt mind him, but i dont want to see him as our future 2b and especially not SS with that surrounds him.

Everybody goes after Jiminez, who, along with Frank, has been one of the few offensive brightspots. OK, fine.

But then everyone loves the whiner MB, who does nothing but talk about leaving, and to boot, goes 2 and freakin ten with a 4.85 ERA! Whats up with that?

Guest hotsoxchick1
Everybody goes after Jiminez, who, along with Frank, has been one of the few offensive brightspots. OK, fine.

But then everyone loves the whiner MB, who does nothing but talk about leaving, and to boot, goes 2 and freakin ten with a 4.85 ERA! Whats up with that?

roman... shut up....lol....dont your hands have other things they could be doing right now instead of typing........ :lol:

Cause Mark B is the man and DJ isn't

:headbang :headbang :headbang

Well lets see #1 Mark isn't lazy...

Cause Mark B is the man and DJ isn't

:headbang :headbang :headbang

3-10 with a 4.85 ERA? Geez, by your crappy standards I would NOT want to be the man...

every pitcher has slumps and MB is a very good pitcher so has slumps like everyone does -

check out the records of some great all time picthers. Nolan Ryan lost 18 games I think 3 times. MB will never suck like that. MB is more than alright.

every pitcher has slumps and MB is a very good pitcher so has slumps like everyone does -

check out the records of some great all time picthers.  Nolan Ryan lost 18 games I think 3 times.  MB will never suck like that.    MB is more than alright.

I WISH Buehrle would "suck" as much as Nolan Ryan did.

Please do not compare a 3rd year pitcher to perhaps the greatest pitcher of all-time.

check out the records of some great all time picthers.  Nolan Ryan lost 18 games I think 3 times.  MB will never suck like that.    MB is more than alright.

Please do not compare a 3rd year pitcher to perhaps the greatest pitcher of all-time.

i wouldnt call him the greatest pitcher of all time. there is a guy named Cy Young out there with about 100 more wins than anyone in history.

MB is not a 3rd year pitcher - although he is a 3rd year starter - and Nolan Ryan's W-L record is pretty crap for the greatest pitcher of all time. Look it up. Count his 18 loss seasons. If Nolan Ryan had 3 18 loss seasons for the Sox would you be so chipper?

i wouldnt call him the greatest pitcher of all time.  there is a guy named Cy Young out there with about 100 more wins than anyone in history.

I didn't call him the greatest pitcher of all time.

Please do not compare a 3rd year pitcher to perhaps the greatest pitcher of all-time

The "greatest ever" is open to interpretation, but there's no disputing that Nolan one of the best ever, and PERHAPS the best.

MB is not a 3rd year pitcher - although he is a 3rd year starter - and Nolan Ryan's W-L record is pretty crap for the greatest pitcher of all time. Look it up. Count his 18 loss seasons. If Nolan Ryan had 3 18 loss seasons for the Sox would you be so chipper?

Nolan also pitched for some of the worst offensive teams of his era. I remember the one year where he went 8-16 while leading MLB with a 2.76 era. Heck he would have loved pitching for this team...

MB is not a 3rd year pitcher - although he is a 3rd year starter - and Nolan Ryan's W-L record is pretty crap for the greatest pitcher of all time.  Look it up.  Count his 18 loss seasons.  If Nolan Ryan had 3 18 loss seasons for the Sox would you be so chipper?

Fine, he had a handful of starts in 2000. So he's a 3.25 year pitcher. Happy?

And if Nolan had 5000 K's and 7 no-hitters for the Sox, I'd overlook his 18 loss seasons.

Fine, he had a handful of starts in 2000.  So he's a 3.25 year pitcher.  Happy?

And if Nolan had 5000 K's and 7 no-hitters for the Sox, I'd overlook his 18 loss seasons.

5000 K's?? that's nothing!! lol.

i remember the game where he hit Robin and he charged the mound. Ryan just mauled him. that was pretty funny.

I think he was more or less referring to the fact that Ryan also had slumps when he was pitching, and he misused the word 'suck.'

I assumed what he meant by that was that he'll never lose that many games.

he misused the word 'suck'

He sure did.

I assumed what he meant by that was that he'll never lose that many games

Oh, I'm sure that's what he meant. But, he could have just said it and not started comparing Mark to "sucky" Nolan Ryan.